Turn on thread page Beta

Am i the only who thinks they're future is slipping away? watch

ReputationRep:
    well i for one think that my future in medicine is slipping away... with all these hurdles and i feel like i cant do anything about it

What hurdles?

ReputationRep:
    their*
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    *their

Sorry couldn't resist. And what hurdles do you mean? You're never powerless to change things you know that.

ReputationRep:
    First you should sit the UKCAT and wait for your grades before making any judgements

ReputationRep:
    i heard being melodramatic solves all your problems

ReputationRep:
    Hurdles? Laziness isnt an excuse.

Do the UKCAT/BMAT, sit your exams, get some work experience and voluntary work and apply.

ReputationRep:
    sink or swim

ReputationRep:
    Try it or you'll never know.

There's lots of ways into Medicine.

ReputationRep:
    Having a mindset like that won't really help you OP...besides once you jump the hurdles you'll feel great.

Be Optimistic

ReputationRep:
    There are no obstacles, only challenges

ReputationRep:
    I felt like this not long ago, luckily it was during the early stages of my AS year thinking about how well I need to do with my AS exams to be able to apply to the universities I wanted. I soon realised, (at least for me) it was best to just take university/course/future career prospects out of my mind and just focus entirely on the present, devote all my time and energy to what's at hand...and just see what ever happens in the future.
    Fortunately, it did work, before I knew it I was in a better position than what I was worriedly hoping in the first place.

Remember, yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift, that's why they call it the present!
    Just do your best, what happens, happens. You're far more likely to do well without having such worries and stresses in your mind thinking about the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustCallMeKate)
    There are no obstacles, only challenges
    I don't know whether to laugh or cringe at that :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    I don't know whether to laugh or cringe at that :p:
    Cringe? Don't you appreciate the beauty in giving fortune cookie advice to stressed medical applicants? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Cringe? Don't you appreciate the beauty in giving fortune cookie advice to stressed medical applicants? :p:
    :rofl: Here begins a new era of medical application advice.

OP, the answer lies closer than you think. Look within for the strength to keep going. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    :rofl: Here begins a new era of medical application advice.

OP, the answer lies closer than you think. Look within for the strength to keep going. :teeth:

Oh, if only...

We'd certainly get more interesting thread titles.

ReputationRep:
    If you can't cope with these "hurdles", why on earth are you even contemplating a future in medicine?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, if only...

We'd certainly get more interesting thread titles.
    Maybe only to the really stupid questions, which account for the majority :p:

We'll make it happen, dammit.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, after seeing the thread title i assumed this was gonna be some current med student who was struggling with the workload. Can't believe someone who doesn't even have their AS results, UKCAT, BMAT etc is being so melodramatic.

My fortune cookie advice: "Pipe down and get on with it."

ReputationRep:
    If you can't cope with these "hurdles", why on earth are you even contemplating a future in medicine?
    It's not like im stupid or even failing to meet the requirements... i have all the A*'S AT GCSE and the 4 A's in unit 1 exams and relev ant experience. but the more and more i here about those who failed to even get an interview...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.