The Student Room Group

Starting Uni soon/At Uni - what's your relationship situation?

Poll

REALATIONSHIP STATUS AT START OF UNI

Just curious what situation the majority of people who are going to Uni are in? Please poll even if you're at Uni now, just think back to when you started :smile:

Scroll to see replies

In b4 poll
Reply 2
Planning to break up before uni like most normal people (applying this year)
Reply 3
Going to uni this year in a serious relationhsip. I have no idea what i should do to be honest.
TooLaidBack
Planning to break up before uni like most normal people (applying this year)

I would say there's no 'normal person'. What different people do seems sensible and normal to them, but it doesn't apply to others. To me, breaking up before Uni is pretty weird, so in my mind that isn't normal. But to you, the fact that I'm staying in my relationship, and not letting Uni affect that is obviously not normal.
Going to Uni engaged. Been engaged over a year now and not lived at home since early 2007. Can't wait to start uni, not going to let the fact I'm not in halls spoil it. Just gotta join in with freshers week activities and make an extra effort.
Reply 6
PrincessAriadne
I would say there's no 'normal person'. What different people do seems sensible and normal to them, but it doesn't apply to others. To me, breaking up before Uni is pretty weird, so in my mind that isn't normal. But to you, the fact that I'm staying in my relationship, and not letting Uni affect that is obviously not normal.

Fair enough. I just dont see the point in limiting my university experience for a long distance realtionship with someonewho i won't see for most of the year and will probably grow apart from.
University is supposed to be one of "the best times of your rlife" you might aswell enjoy it to the full.
Plus im only 17 i have plenty of time to do the serious stuff later:p:
Why does being in an LDR have to separate from 'in a serious relationship'? ><
Reply 8
Going to the Uni in a serious relationship, not breaking up :smile: He's already gone through his first year at Uni and we've been fine :smile:
Reply 9
lol why are there so many uni relationships threads today? :s-smilie:
Anyway, I'm going to university single....

..and ready to mingle
Going in single, hoping to find that special someone :love:
Last year I went to University in a relationship, we had previously been in a LDR so we just maintained this. I unexpectedly had to drop out of that University for various reasons and we've continued our relationship as it was pre-uni. In September I'll be going to Uni 40 minutes from my boyfriend.

Never once did we consider breaking up. I had an amazing freshers week last year and plan to do the same this year. Of course at some points it's difficult - missing each other etc but I see my future with him and a few years of distance is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Perhaps my decisions may have been different if I was only 18 and fresh from college, but I don't know.
TooLaidBack

University is supposed to be one of "the best times of your rlife" you might aswell enjoy it to the full.

Yeah, but enjoying something to the full doesn;t go hand in hand with being free to have sex with/date as many people as poss. If you're in a serious, strong relationship, that's one of the best things in the world, and also has the added bonus that you're not distracted from your studies, or constantly in emotional ups and downs because you're single and getting involved with/falling for people.
fredscarecrow
Why does being in an LDR have to separate from 'in a serious relationship'? ><

You can never please you people can you! If i hadn't put it in i'd have had people in LDR's moaning that I had forgotten them!

EDIT: sorry if that sounded rude, just ppl always moan in polls about relationships if it doesn't have an LDR option :smile:
I was single when I started uni and now I've graduated with a relationship too :smile:
Reply 15
Going to uni in a relationship that I've been in for about 20 months, not planning on breaking up as moving away shouldn't mean that we have to.
PrincessAriadne
You can never please you people can you! If i hadn't put it in i'd have had people in LDR's moaning that I had forgotten them!

EDIT: sorry if that sounded rude, just ppl always moan in polls about relationships if it doesn't have an LDR option :smile:

Point taken :p: Sorry.
I see where you're coming from. I guess it just made me choose between whether I defined my relationship mainly by its long distance quality, or by its seriousness.

But yeh, serious, long distance during uni.:smile:
fredscarecrow
Point taken :p: Sorry.
I see where you're coming from. I guess it just made me choose between whether I defined my relationship mainly by its long distance quality, or by its seriousness.

But yeh, serious, long distance during uni.:smile:

..what did you choose ? :p:
Going in single and just planning on going with the flow and seeing what happens.
cattt
Going to uni in a relationship that I've been in for about 20 months, not planning on breaking up as moving away shouldn't mean that we have to.

Ditto, except we're moving together.

Latest

Trending

Trending