The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

LoveLetters

I dont really care about people saying you should be single and enjoy uni. Imo i wont miss out on anything, im not interested in sleeping around and i can have just as much fun with a boyfriend (also couldnt live with out my cuddles in bed:p: )

How i feel :yes:
Reply 41
Well after spending 6 months single, ive had enough of it now really. Hoping to meet someone at uni.
Reply 42
Single.

I aint looking for a relationship anytime soon really.. just lookin to have a good time.
Reply 43
Everyone I know who has gone to uni in a relationship has had the worst time ever, and ultimately, they broke up on horrible terms. I'm going single, and even if I did have a boyfriend (of less than a year) then I'd probably break up with them, for sure. I'm even cleaning up frayed edges with boys I've had things with recently, so I am going to uni 100% single, and not have some boy niggling away at the back of my mind. Now, I just can't wait to go!
PrincessAriadne
Is history at Uni very different to at college? Is it a lot more difficult, or just studied in a different way?

It's a lot less....detailed. That sounds crazy, becasue we're doing it at a higher level, but depending on the module you can just be getting an overview [in lectures that is, your reading totally makes up for it]. For instance I did 'medieval europe' as a module last year...that's around 500 years, across the whole of Europe, in around 20 lectures - so 20hours =p
You'll also, after a short time, wonder how on earth you managed in A-level without the university library, and how you wrote essays without consulting at least 8 books for each one... :biggrin:
I've just started dating someone, so I don't know if we're prepared for an LDR... I really like her as well... :emo:
fredscarecrow
It's a lot less....detailed. That sounds crazy, becasue we're doing it at a higher level, but depending on the module you can just be getting an overview [in lectures that is, your reading totally makes up for it]. For instance I did 'medieval europe' as a module last year...that's around 500 years, across the whole of Europe, in around 20 lectures - so 20hours =p
You'll also, after a short time, wonder how on earth you managed in A-level without the university library, and how you wrote essays without consulting at least 8 books for each one... :biggrin:

Is it more enjoyable? Does it matter that it's not as in depth, does it bother you, or is it nice?

EDIT: sorry for all the questions!!
Reply 47
I went into Uni single and alright about it, now in a what you'd call a serious relationship of nearly two years (after being a Uni for nearly as long).
I'm in a serious relationship. Been with my boyfriend for 15 months.

Me going to university will not be much of a change for us, I'll still only see him at weekends. We'll only be 40 miles away from each other, so he will drive to Plymouth to see me at weekends, instead of my home town :smile:

I think university will make us stronger and don't understand how uni alone can split couples up. Also, I will be living with him in my second year, so yay :smile:
PrincessAriadne
Is it more enjoyable? Does it matter that it's not as in depth, does it bother you, or is it nice?

EDIT: sorry for all the questions!!

I love it, think it's absolutely amazing.
It's better in a way, because often you'll get given the option of say, 10questions for your essay, and then you can pick the topic which you found interesting when covered briefly in the lecture, and just read loads into it and cover it in detail. Really allows you to tailor make your own knowledge and make your essays your on because you're doing all the reasearch and writing and not just reguritating whatthe lecturer has says!

Anyway, I'd better stop before we get told off by the mods. PM me if you have any more questions =]
Going in single.
And whatever happens happens. With me the fun casual relationships will defo happen. But I'll certainly keep my eye out for that special one who is worth closing shop for.
Reply 51
Whats an LDR?

As for myself Single and hoping to find someone!
Cheeko
Whats an LDR?

As for myself Single and hoping to find someone!

long distance relationship
Reply 53
PrincessAriadne
long distance relationship

LOL oh in that case

if something happens between me and someone this summer
i could end up in LDR!

Meh whatever happens happens for a reason!
Most probably single.
in a relationship (it's a little odd as we've not been together long but have been in the past) and staying that way. we'll either be opposite ends of the uk or both in london, so it could be pretty tricky or pretty easy!
PrincessAriadne
Just curious what situation the majority of people who are going to Uni are in? Please poll even if you're at Uni now, just think back to when you started :smile:

Can you just make clear what the difference is between a serious relationship and a casual one?
when I start I'll (hopefully) still be in my long term serious relationship :tongue: we're currently in a LDR and the uni move will mean i'm actually closer by which is a bonus
Reply 58
sprout.
Everyone I know who has gone to uni in a relationship has had the worst time ever, and ultimately, they broke up on horrible terms. I'm going single, and even if I did have a boyfriend (of less than a year) then I'd probably break up with them, for sure. I'm even cleaning up frayed edges with boys I've had things with recently, so I am going to uni 100% single, and not have some boy niggling away at the back of my mind. Now, I just can't wait to go!

Nahh, I know several people who've gone to uni while in a relationship and definitely haven't regretted staying together. I think it's silly to end a relationship just because you'll be away for a few weeks at a time; there are so many married couples where one or both parties have to go away to work, and clearly they make it work!

You can probably tell I'm going to uni in a relationship, and we've been together for just over a year. I don't know if it's more serious because he's quite a bit older though.
When I'm off to Uni in September(grades permitting! ahhh), I'll have been with my boyfriend for just over 3 years. There's no way I'd split up with him because of it, and I'm really hoping the change won't be too much to handle! I don't think I'll be missing out on anything, as I'm not into casual flings/ one night stands etc. I'm happy being in the position that I am :smile:

Ruth xx