The Student Room Group
magnum
any idea what will be on this years paper?

which areas in history u studying? xoxo
Reply 2
option V
international history 1900 to 1949.
option w
international history 1919-1963
option Y
britain in 1st world war!
magnum
option V
international history 1900 to 1949.
option w
international history 1919-1963
option Y
britain in 1st world war!

sorry cant help ya i done option D which was Medicine throughout the ages and Hitlers rise to power.... sorry..... xoxo
Reply 4
:eek:

Lol, it's ok.
Reply 5
I'm doing Modern World History (+ coursework assessments which account for 25% of the final mark).

Paper 1:
option V: International and British History from 1900-1949
Britain in W.W.1

Paper 2:
Germany depth study 1919-1939
America depth study - 1919-1941.

[I think it depends on the options your school has choosen for you to do.

I would advise that you have a good understanding of all aspects of the course because question spotting can (and sometimes does) go terribly wrong if you're guesses are wrong. Your teacher muight have a more realistic idea of what will come up this year - possibly the topics that did not come up last year, but it is difficult to say because there could well be questions on some (it is very unlikelty that there will be questions on all) of the areas covered in last year's paper.

Good Luck in your GCSE History and in he rest of your exams too!
Reply 6
Thanks!!

Ive got 2 A stars for my history coursework.

How many marks would i need just to obtain a C grade?
I'm doing Option W, Britain in WW1, Russia and Germany + 25% CW (got 47/50)

THe papers wont be the original planned ones as they got stolen so new ones will be created which could include anything as they will have been put together in a hurry
Reply 8
aahh, i heard about that.
sucks.

anyone know how many marks i need in order to obtain a C grade?
(ive got 2 A*'s in my coursework..)
Reply 9
Hi,
It is difficult to base it on coursework alone, but this will certainly stand you in good stead for the exam because you already have up t a maximum of 35 per cent of your marks before you even walk into the exam. If I have time, I will try to find you the internet link to last year's examiners' reports to give you some kind of realistic idea of the percentage thst you will usually be expected to achieve in order to get a ''C'' overall.

Hang on, the link is:
http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-3042-3047-WRE-Jun04.pdf
(Click on the above links and the boundaries for the award of grades is at the bottom. Be warned though that this is probably one of the most unconventunal and difficult reports ever!)

As a rough guide, the following boundaries apply (overall):
A* 73%
A 65%
B 58%
C 48%
D 40%
E 323%
F 24%
G 19%
(These usually change slightly ever year by about one or two % depending on the relative difficulty of a particular paper and candidates' actual responses to the paper itself.

Best of luck in your GCSE (History)

I hope you achieve a 'C'!
Reply 10
323% for a C :P
Reply 11
woohoo!
Thanks much appreciated!!

Latest