Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OK before I start, you don't need to tell me, yes I am socially retarded.

When I was younger (18 now) pulling when I was out at parties was just a case of grabbing a girl, dirty dancing her a bit, then kissing her.

Maybe that was because I knew the girls anyway and they must've liked me, I don't know.

But know even a watered down version of that ends up with girls looking at me with the 'what a creep' look.

Fair enough I suppose, but how are you supposed to pull in clubs?? You can't hear **** all because of the music so its not like you can sustain a conversation.

Can you guys give me some tips on what you do?

ReputationRep:
    "If you have to ask what jazz is, you'll never know." - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

This also applies to pulling on nights out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

When I was younger (18 now) pulling when I was out at parties was just a case of grabbing a girl, dirty dancing her a bit, then kissing her.
    Lol, you have summed up all of my 'pulling' experiences in clubs. I didn't realise times had changed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkplug)
    "If you have to ask what jazz is, you'll never know." - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

This also applies to pulling on nights out.
    Ditto.

ReputationRep:
    if you're not bothered about what type of girl you pull, then continue doing your 'dirty dancing then pull' routine, otherwise, just shout at the girl over the music, dance in her area, if she's interested then she'll shout back at you, then work from there..

ReputationRep:
    Personally i think that clubs are not the best place to meet/pull people as the environment as you stated yourself is not the best for getting to know someone.

Im sure you would be more likely to find someone that you liked in different places in your life (If you are looking for a potential relationship anyway)

ReputationRep:
    step 1: approach her (not creepily, but casually at the bar) and start a shouty but polite conversation
    step 2: if she seems interested, she'll keep shouting (or leaning in to whisper in your ear flirtatiously) if not she'll make her excuses and leave
    step 3: if she still hasn't left, you may have a chance - offer to buy her a drink
    step 4: keep chatting/shouting - maybe ask her if she wants to step outside to chat more, or just keep chatting there. Alternatively, move straight on to step 5.
    step 5: ask her to dance
    step 6: if she's still there, dancing with you, chances are you're gonna pull. you can either try it there (you know, dirty dancing - old school style) or go elsewhere to talk and do it then.

simple. not rocket science, you know!

ReputationRep:
    If you're just out for pulling then It IS just a case of dancing then diving in there. Have a few more confidence drinks. Works for me most of the time. Try getting close dancing. Once your dancing with them its plain sailing from there. Sometimes I do better when I'm not even trying. I've gone out and pulled lots of girls on one night when I was just having a laugh with my mates. On other nights I've been consistently rejected by every girl I approach. Its half luck.

Remember, girls in clubs are often not the ideal girls to have a relationship with (if that's what you'll be looking for).

You could just dance with her, then say you want a drink, ask her to come with you, then you could talk by the bar (bit quieter?), or even go for some 'fresh air.'

ReputationRep:
    Why are clubs the automatic location of choice for finding "available" girls? I can't think of a worse environment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustCallMeKate)
    Lol, you have summed up all of my 'pulling' experiences in clubs. I didn't realise times had changed.
    To be fair, that's because you're a girl. Girls can pretty much pull at will.

ReputationRep:
    Point to them and tell them by pointing with one finger "come over here" then when/if they come you say "see i made you come with one finger, imagine what i could do with two"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iloveyouxx)
    step 1: approach her (not creepily, but casually at the bar) and start a shouty but polite conversation
    step 2: if she seems interested, she'll keep shouting (or leaning in to whisper in your ear flirtatiously) if not she'll make her excuses and leave
    step 3: if she still hasn't left, you may have a chance - offer to buy her a drink
    step 4: keep chatting/shouting - maybe ask her if she wants to step outside to chat more, or just keep chatting there. Alternatively, move straight on to step 5.
    step 6: if she's still there, dancing with you, chances are you're gonna pull. you can either try it there (you know, dirty dancing - old school style) or go elsewhere to talk and do it then.

This is the best way to about it; just don't, whatever you do, act creepy.

ReputationRep:

I agree with this post, this is the way to go OP.

That's some solid advice, apart from number 3.

Your trying to get laid not to put your student loan in overdraft.

ReputationRep:
    to pull a girl in a club follow these simple instructions-

step 1: catch her eye then howl so she knows your interested
    step 2: get closer by humping your way towards her, this draws attention to your penis
    step 3: now you are within striking distance remove her friends by kicking them in the shins then rolling them away
    step 4: you are now alone and free to dance with your new female, if all goes well this will in turn lead to coitus in the club toilets

congratulations :borat:

ReputationRep:
    just dont.

pulling randoms at clubs is just lame budd

sounds like a well constructed plan

however i'm stumped at first hurdle - no opening lines
    i dont mean those stupid chat up lines that are more like jokes
    but genuine conversation starters

ReputationRep:

Pretty much that, with a bit of adjustment. Do not bother wasting your money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    sounds like a well constructed plan

however i'm stumped at first hurdle - no opening lines
    i dont mean those stupid chat up lines that are more like jokes
    but genuine conversation starters
    you could just go for something natural or "hi, having a good night?" or something like that
    we can see through chat up lines, and it's not my personal style to go for a guy whose first move is to compliment me.
    From my perspective, I would say asking her a question about her, like if she goes to your uni or something like that, or maybe something about the setting if there's something unusual to comment on..or if it's a long wait for the bar, etc. That way, you're not being too overt in your approach and if she's not interested she can easily pass it up without feeling like she's getting away from a creep, which i'm sure you are not! :yes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.