Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone has information on that??
    It seems brilliant!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gammapulsar)
    Anyone has information on that??
    It seems brilliant!!
    Do try and think before starting a new thread - what with the fact that all information on international exchanges at Edinburgh are published on the Edinburgh International Office website. Take a look here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nearlyheadlessian)
    Do try and think before starting a new thread - what with the fact that all information on international exchanges at Edinburgh are published on the Edinburgh International Office website. Take a look here.
    Hi I've read that site already. I was wondering if anyone here has participated or knew anyone who participated.
    How hard was it to get accepted - since it's 2 students per year - and if it's cool or not...
    The site only has more politically correct stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gammapulsar)
    How hard was it to get accepted - since it's 2 students per year - and if it's cool or not...
    How hard it is to get accepted depends on your department, your grades, your competition (and your definition of hard) - none of these can really be answered in advance of you applying. As you've noted yourself, it doesn't take many people on exchange, so it'll be harder to get into than other colleges. If you were applying directly to it you would need to be very gifted academically, you can assume that you need to be just as bright and academic to get in through the exchange programme.

Whether is is "cool" is a matter of opinion. Obviously it has pros and cons.

This is my dream as well. It would be nice to establish connections with them incase I want to do a PHD there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.