Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so I applied for a job as an admin assistant at an estate agents recently and got a call today to say that the position had already been filled but that after reading my CV they wanted to invite me to interview for a letings negotiator position. I thought it would be stupid to turn down the chance of a job but now Im really worried because I only have fashion retail experience, don't really know what the job entails and am very worried that i'll look like a complete fool in the interview!!!

Anyone know anything about the job or what to expect at the interview, Im considering cancelling it because im that worried!!

Any help/advice would be fantastic!!!
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    Well I wouldn't worry about your experience all being in fashion retail, it must say that on your CV. They have read your CV and still want to invite you to interview, which suggests they are happy with your experience and skills.

Do a search on a job website like Monster, for Lettings Negotiator and see what the job involves. That should give you an idea about the job in general, what skills are involved etc.

ReputationRep:
    they arent expecting you to have experience, they are looking for a fresh worker who will work hard. Go in and they will judge you on how you come across rather then what is or isn't o your cv.

ReputationRep:
    Do your reasearch, some facts about what the job title entails and some facts about the company. The rest will just be general interview questions but it helps if you have some background knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    They like you from your CV so just make sure your interview lives up to the CV! If they know you only have retail experience they'll expect you not to know a lot about the job you're being interviewed for. Do a little research on the company itself and on the job title.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.