Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Profesh)
    You're at least three stones overweight.
    Who the **** are you to say that?

I can't believe you made that ridiculous statement from one picture. Anyway overweight is not judged by looks, it's by BMI. I thought you knew that Profesh?

You know what, I'm going to report this thread to be closed. Because OP, you got your answers.

1. No, you're not overweight.
    2. Ring up the agencies.

For ****'s sake! It's that so hard to comprehend OP? :stupid:

You didn't even need to ask TSR that.

(Original post by lizzie<3)
    any particular reasons why? for the record im not looking for compliments but criticism and opinions
    From TSR? :rofl:

Honey, get your opinions from modelling agencies, not here!

This is probably one of the worst places to ask...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)

I can't believe you made that ridiculous statement from one picture. Anyway overweight is not judged by looks, it's by BMI. I thought you knew that Profesh?
    Your brain is at least ten pounds underweight.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know whether i need to go on a diet and tone up more?
    Ive recently sent some pictures like the one attached to several glamour modeling agency's and 12+ modeling agency's and they all emailed me back saying they wernt interested.
    In the pics I have blacked out my face but I have been told i have a stunning pretty face? and im confident that its not my face.
    Any feedback would be great! thanks
    Phwoooooar

ReputationRep:
    any particular reasons why? for the record im not looking for compliments but criticism and opinions
    I think you have a good figure but your waist is a little blocky if that makes sense? Like it has next to no curve to it. It would just be a good idea to contact the modelling agencies tbh.

ReputationRep:

You know what, I'm going to report this thread to be closed. Because OP, you got your answers.

2. Ring up the agencies.

I think you're taking people's comments on here far too seriously. Get a life.

ReputationRep:
    You implied it by saying "oh you must have this and that"

Then why the hell do magazines etc use body touch up or whatever that is if they're bodies are so perfect!? :rolleyes:

I.e. you know getting the airbrush and slimming down the legs etc etc. Why the **** would they do that if they have the perfect body?

That's just stupid.

I'm not an expert myself, but I doubt a perfect body is needed otherwise the above practices wouldn't probably have existed.

Why?

And surely it's just common sense?

Duh! (not a question mark)

I'm stating the obvious. I'm finding it hard to believe agencies have these supposedly "perfect" models, then touch them up? Surely that contradicts? If they were perfect, why are they being touched up? To make them even more prettier? Oh... but I thought they were "perfect"? :rolleyes:
    Wow, you really went all out there. Fine, if we're doing that then I'll clear up what I meant by 'perfect body required'
    I mean, you need to be toned. Low body fat %, plus muscle means the models have 'tone' which is hard to photoshop in totally (though fake tan and airbrushing does help).
    Even if someone is as good as they can look, there will always be issues with skin tone, pores showing, body hair... all things that are erased before the picture goes in a magazine.

Sorry if you want to take every single word and pretend you can't use your own common sense to interpret what I really mean. I know when you've been on an internet forum for a while, the semantics of a post and arguing what someone really said are far more important than the concept behind the whole thread...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Perfect.

ReputationRep:

2. Ring up the agencies.

He was obviously being sarcastic. In fact, that was so obvious I feel like punching you in the face. Could you not tell? :stupid:

ReputationRep:
    If indeed you're were rejected by them, and this isn't simply a troll, then it probably isn't anything to do with weight - maybe they're just not looking at recruiting anyone at the moment, or they only want pale people, curvy people, brunettes, etc. No point dwelling on it, you're obviously fine.

ReputationRep:
    You're not fat, but you'd look better with a narrower waist.

(Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    He was obviously being sarcastic. In fact, that was so obvious I feel like punching you in the face. Could you not tell? :stupid:
    If he's got nothing to say constructive or helpful, then he might not say anything at all.

I mean, tbh, he could have said himself that he was being sarcastic to me as I was getting the wrong impression.

Lucky I'm not retarded or the OP as the OP may very well take that seriously.

ReputationRep:
    Stay that way. You may not have the body to be a glamour model, but you are so much more attractive atm. Glamour models have to be mega thin, often with ribs visible. It's good to have a little meat on your bones, and you have the perfect amount.

ReputationRep:
    Rly.... someone wants to boost his self-esteem?

either way - that's curvy - nice ass and boobs
    I'm fed up with the use of the therm curvy, describing fat ppl ....

but modeling agencies are probably after 8 or 6...skinny? dunno
    if u r 12 - not the perfect choice

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Clubber Lang]you legs could do with some work

her legs look fine. and your NOT FAT!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.cinemademerde.com/Friday-daaaamn.gif

ReputationRep:
    If he's got nothing to say constructive or helpful, then he might not say anything at all.

I mean, tbh, he could have said himself that he was being sarcastic to me as I was getting the wrong impression.

Lucky I'm not retarded or the OP as the OP may very well take that seriously.
    Yes, but the OP is a troll :troll:

A TROLL

ReputationRep:
    Clearly a troll.
    But in the 0.00000000001% chance that it isn't, you're not curvy enough to be a glamour model maybe? not got much of a waist, small hips, not very big boobs.
    You do have a very nice figure though, and are obviously not overweight.. it would be ridiculous to think you are!!

ReputationRep:
    Not overweight, but I'd say tone up (particularly legs and abs) to be eligible for modelling :top:

ReputationRep:
    :troll::troll::troll:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.