Turn on thread page Beta

What pets do you have, and any memorable experiences? watch

• View Poll Results: Pets you have .....
    Cat
    38.46%
    Dog
    50.00%
    Hamster
    7.69%
    Gerbil
    3.85%
    Mouse
    0%
    Guinea Pig
    3.85%
    Rabbit
    19.23%
    Fish
    38.46%
    Rat
    11.54%
    Sugar Glider
    0%
    Chinchilla
    0%
    Snake
    7.69%
    Tortoise
    15.38%
    Parrot
    7.69%
    Spider(s)
    0%
    Other birds (love birds/budgies)
    11.54%

ReputationRep:
    Please poll, and if there's any pets I've missed out, apologies, please just post them instead

Also, if you have any memories or experiences with your pets you want to share please do

ReputationRep:
    I've a dog, lab cross collie and he's lovely Rescue animals ftw!

What the hell is a sugar glider?

I have a border collie dog. She hates my guts and she has a habit of chasing shadows and aerosol spray.

ReputationRep:
    Cat- rescued as a kitten. He tends to be timid but does weird things occasionally. For example, when he was half grown, he burrowed, bit by bit, through the wooden wall of the back porch.

Best pet I ever had was a budgie that used to tell people to "**** off".

ReputationRep:
    3 parrots (budgies and lovebirds are parrots too ) chickens, 2 dogs, 1 fish. I love my tiels, great little creatures, need lots of time though or they get grumpy. The dogs are great too, we used to also have a fat cat who was the friendliest cat you could ever imagine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazalTov89)
    What the hell is a sugar glider?

I have a border collie dog. She hates my guts and she has a habit of chasing shadows and aerosol spray.
    Here's a pic - http://api.ning.com/files/Uiiut-4QdD...ider20pix3.jpg

Sugar Gliders are a species of small and tree dwelling marsupial. They are mainly native to countries, including Australia, Indonesia, New Guinea, and Tasmania. Sugar Gliders are known by this name because they are fond of sweet food and, also, they love to glide even from a height. These Sugar Gliders are also known as ‘pocket pets,’ because of the following two reasons. Firstly, they are small in size and, secondly, they like being carried in pockets or pouches.

(Original post by PrincessAriadne)

Sugar Gliders are a species of small and tree dwelling marsupial. They are mainly native to countries, including Australia, Indonesia, New Guinea, and Tasmania. Sugar Gliders are known by this name because they are fond of sweet food and, also, they love to glide even from a height. These Sugar Gliders are also known as ‘pocket pets,’ because of the following two reasons. Firstly, they are small in size and, secondly, they like being carried in pockets or pouches.
    I want one. Now :love:

ReputationRep:
    I have a Border collie/Kelpie and she is adorable!. The softest dog I have ever met. Loves me to bits and follows me everywhere, scared of her own shadow but loves to chase anything that moves including buses and people on bikes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    I have a Border collie/Kelpie and she is adorable!. The softest dog I have ever met. Loves me to bits and follows me everywhere, scared of her own shadow but loves to chase anything that moves including buses and people on bikes.
    I've got a collie too... he's my bestest buddy... seriously lol.

I remember finding my collie asleep on the dining room table, and also when he looked in the window transfixed by his reflection and he ran away as soon as he saw my reflection walking towards him.

ReputationRep:
    Right now we've got two rabbits who I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to and insist on growling and attacking anyone that goes near them :p: Used to have two amaaaazing hamsters, really miss them

ReputationRep:
    we recently got a 12 month old cocker spaniel after our old one died in february, he is so adorable, but came with a lot of behaviour issues!!! we've only had him a few weeks but the funniest things he has done so far ... i walked downstairs and saw he sat very proudly with one of the panes of glass out of the greenhouse...... walked outside to find in sat in the pond staring into space... and leaving him in the kitchen for a couple of hours when we went out to find him on return with a very old set of keys that no one knew what they did or where they came from! he's a comedy dog.
    the best thing my old dog did was cry when the theme tune of emmerdale came on until she got one of them dental chew things!

ReputationRep:
    I've got a whippet x German Shepherd called Leah, a Jack Russel called Poppy (who actually belongs to my sister), a canary called Dennis, five tropical fish and four hens. I've had Leah for nine years (half my life!) and she is geniunely my best friend, sad as that sounds. She was a rescue dog and came with some problems, but she's the best dog ever and I'd be devestated to lose her.

ReputationRep:
    Had a tortoiseshell cat when I was younger. Scratched my eyelid Otherwise, she used to generally act like she was my mother. o.O

ReputationRep:
    iv got a room divider fish tank so its pretty big and has laods of fish in (der), one of the fish is an aruana(can't spell) and it eats all the other fish. We have kissing fish which are my fave as theyr cute but they keep gettin eaten too. And a golden retriever called alfie, he is so cute but so stinky!

ReputationRep:

I just melted.

ReputationRep:
    Ive had 3 hamsters: Apricot, Autumn and Domino.
    Apricot hated mess and the bedding had to be in a certain corner and she would run around picking bits of food and placing them back in her food bowl lol.
    Autumn escaped a few times and was grumpy but she was a beautiful colour and it took a few days until i had a name for her.
    Domino was the cutest and the hardest to tame, she escaped 2 weeks after i got her when she was still a baby and my mum found her 3 days later outside and she had smashed her teeth and bumped her little nose and she was put on liquid food till her teeth grew back. She bit the vet (one and only time she bit) when we took her to the vets to have her put down because she was very ill.

Guinea pigs - loved them, they were inseperable. Snowball and Dandy

My cockatiels- Koby and Parky- the female was found by our neighbour and no one claimed her. She took over and bullied the male who was the best parrot, he wouldn't harm a fly. He was so protective over me, he didn't like guys and hated it when i left the room. He had a habit of attacking the hairbrush when my mum use to brush my hair lol. He was extremely happy when the female died lol. He would whistle his little heart out whenever someone came into the room. I miss him soooo much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysticdreamer)
    Ive had 3 hamsters: Apricot, Autumn and Domino.
    Apricot hated mess and the bedding had to be in a certain corner and she would run around picking bits of food and placing them back in her food bowl lol.
    Autumn escaped a few times and was grumpy but she was a beautiful colour and it took a few days until i had a name for her.
    Domino was the cutest and the hardest to tame, she escaped 2 weeks after i got her when she was still a baby and my mum found her 3 days later outside and she had smashed her teeth and bumped her little nose and she was put on liquid food till her teeth grew back. She bit the vet (one and only time she bit) when we took her to the vets to have her put down because she was very ill.

Guinea pigs - loved them, they were inseperable. Snowball and Dandy

My cockatiels- Koby and Parky- the female was found by our neighbour and no one claimed her. She took over and bullied the male who was the best parrot, he wouldn't harm a fly. He was so protective over me, he didn't like guys and hated it when i left the room. He had a habit of attacking the hairbrush when my mum use to brush my hair lol. He was extremely happy when the female died lol. He would whistle his little heart out whenever someone came into the room. I miss him soooo much
    Wow, it sounds like you've had a lot of amazing pets. i especially like the sound of your cockatiels, and the way he'd attack the hairbrush. And I love stories of people rescuing animals

ReputationRep:
    Wow, it sounds like you've had a lot of amazing pets. i especially like the sound of your cockatiels, and the way he'd attack the hairbrush. And I love stories of people rescuing animals
    Thank you. He was the nicest parrot, really good company when my parents were at work and i was at home alone. He was annoying when i wanted to study tho because he was attention seeking. Putting a towel on his cage which normally calms parrots down didn't work lol, he use to chat away to it.

ReputationRep:
    i had an illegal tortoise, and it was scary... it had massive red eyes that kinda scared me...

Illegal in being that my parents smuggled it in from China...

In the end i accidentally killed it by feeding it to much food and i do think i flushed it down the toilet

DONT JUDGE ME... i could barely walk, and i know my parents were in the wrong...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.