Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Thinking about auditioning for the school play in the autumn term watch

I can't remember exactly what it is...
    but its a musical again
    last year was "seven brides for seven brothers"
    it's my last year and I want to get a good part
    but I have no history of acting!
    I'm a confident guy and I guess I need to practice my singing but I'm not sure how!
    any suggestions???:confused:

Get into the mind of the character - don't see yourself as an actor playing a part, see yourself as the part. Be emotional; dramatic but not over the top. Use body language instead of just standing in front of them and you should be fine .
    If you get the part, as I said, be the part - learn their history, motives, etc, really get into their mind and so as soon as you step into the rehearsal or performance space, it makes sense to say your lines because they're written for your character, and the people around you are their characters as well, so you just have your head in a different universe instead of being actors.

It also helps if you have multiple personalities
    Break a leg!
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.