Turn on thread page Beta

Quote/Lyric as a tattoo.. watch

• View Poll Results: Which tattoo should i get?
    "When the lights go out, it's all the same darkness"
    7.69%
    "Truth is absolute. Believe that"
    25.64%
    "While we're living The dreams we have as children Fade away"
    10.26%
    "Yesterday don't matter if it's gone"
    25.64%
    "All you touch and all you see, Is all your life will ever be"
    30.77%

ReputationRep:
    I was just interested which of these you guys thought would be the best tattoo, and where you thought i should get it?

I was thinking about getting it on the side of my ribs, near my collar bone.

I will put a poll up if i can work out how to ha.

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BitOfAnAlchy)
    I was just interested which of these you guys thought would be the best tattoo, and where you thought i should get it?

I was thinking about getting it on the side of my ribs, near my collar bone.

I will put a poll up if i can work out how to ha.

Cheers.
    Why not get "unoriginal *****".

ReputationRep:
    Not overly keen on any of those. I've always liked this:

The difficult I can do today. The impossible will take a little longer.

Not sure i would want it tattooed on me though.

ReputationRep:
    If you can't decide for yourself then don't get one, you should only tattoo something on your skin if it means a great deal to you. I wouldn't leave it to strangers on an internet forum to decide what and where should be tattooed.

However, for me quote tattoos always look best on the inner forearm and I don't really like any of the ones you put up for poll, I'd go with something motivational like "The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limon Fanta)
    If you can't decide for yourself then don't get one, you should only tattoo something on your skin if it means a great deal to you. I wouldn't leave it to strangers on an internet forum to decide what and where should be tattooed.

However, for me quote tattoos always look best on the inner forearm and I don't really like any of the ones you put up for poll, I'd go with something motivational like "The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it"

I do like those quotes, and i wasn't going to base my decision completely on this, i just wanted to know what people thought of them.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough then, but again its all subjective so just because I might not like them much doesn't mean it's wrong for you :yes:

ReputationRep:
    it really depends what they mean to you, I'd go for something motivational over something depressing though.

I'm having "gradior per spero" on my arm, it's latin for "live with hope". It suits me because if I ever go to self harm again it's like a deterrent, plus I think it's just something nice to have as a permanent reminder.
    I thought about a lot of song lyrics and quotes from books but didn't want something I might 'grow out of', I wanted something timeless. I'm having it in latin because then it's like a private message rather than something for everyone to see.
    i like that it's short as well, yours are varying lengths and you might want to think about how much physical space it will take up and what it will look like.

ReputationRep:
    "hail Mary? **** her
    i never knew her
    i'd probably screw her
    and dump her body in the sewer"

r.i.p. biggie smalls

ReputationRep:
    Get a piece of music on there instead, like zees;

I'm thinking Mussorgsky!

ReputationRep:
    lyrics as a tattoo is really lame, my friend had "a million faces" on one wrist, and the other "a million lies". And your music taste will change, and surely you could tell people the quote instead of having it scribbled on you in permanent marker...

ReputationRep:
    Sure, go ahead . . . if you want everyone who sees it to think you're a fag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    it really depends what they mean to you, I'd go for something motivational over something depressing though.

I'm having "gradior per spero" on my arm, it's latin for "live with hope". It suits me because if I ever go to self harm again it's like a deterrent, plus I think it's just something nice to have as a permanent reminder.
    I thought about a lot of song lyrics and quotes from books but didn't want something I might 'grow out of', I wanted something timeless. I'm having it in latin because then it's like a private message rather than something for everyone to see.
    i like that it's short as well, yours are varying lengths and you might want to think about how much physical space it will take up and what it will look like.
    snap! (well kind of) I was a heartbeat away from getting the quotation from my sig, "dum spiro spero" tattooed onto me (latin for while i breathe, i hope) but I bottled out. I'm also considering "and then we'll walk right up to the sun, hand in hand" which is a lyric I love, but I wanted it translated into Latin for the same reason.

OP, I'm not too keen on your quotations but to be honest you shouldn't give a **** what I think as long as the messages have a real relevance and importance to you. Of all the ones you've chosen, I think the one about truth and the other about dreams are the best. "Truth is absolute" would be best, I reckon, on it's own.

ReputationRep:
    can't touch this

ReputationRep:
    There are all a bit lame to be honest.

Get something that is a bit strange. Something that will leave people wonder, "I wonder what the story behind that is". Not the usual Carpe Diem bullcrap.

ReputationRep:
    I like; While we're living The dreams we have as children Fade away

But it's sad :sad:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Limon Fanta)
    This :yep:

ReputationRep:
    How about something cool in a foreign language like:

Το πάρτι αρχίζει κι ο έρωτας επάνω μου στοιχηματίζει

(To parti arhizei ki o erotas epano mou stihimatizei)
    [The party starts and love takes a chance on me]

Taken from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpJBMbyTCME

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BillyPilgrim)
    Why not get "unoriginal *****".
    aha. this.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.