Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    fo;ijrijforijkfopkepofkpoeakfopk a;oedfkp'ekfpoaekpfkpekfdpoekdfp okpofdpoaekfpaefkpeaokfp

Shouldn't do as you can put it down to youthful exuberance / stupidity. I should imagine they'd be more concerned about convictions for theft / dishonesty. Be prepared to argue your case, describing how you've matured since etc, and have a couple of character references on standby.

ReputationRep:
    ojidoijs;osadmSAJMDPOKPODKWpod

ReputationRep:
    Can't you just wait until Monday?

ReputationRep:
    As long as you told them on the application form you should be fine. They really dont like dishonesty though so if you said you didnt have any on the application form there could be a problem. If this is the case then you need to call them to let them know before they find out through the background check

ReputationRep:
    Hi JohnBarkWith

I have a similar problem to which you have mentioned above and was wondering the outcome to your situation??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnbarkwith)
    Basically I have been offered a training contract with KPMG to study towards the ACA qualification. However, I have a criminal record for drink driving around 4 years ago. Does anybody know whether this would effect my job offer or effect me joining ICAEW???

thanks..
    Check with the institue but i think it relates to spent time however Im not sure if it includes unspent convictions also.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.