Turn on thread page Beta

Kellogs diet - does it work watch

ReputationRep:
    I thought I had already posted this but for some reason it hasn't come through....

I am thinking of going on this diet.... I am a size 16 and I want to lose a lot of weight and get back to the size 10 i was 6 months again.... but would this be a good diet to use.... if not is there anything you would recommend..... joining a gym is not an option for me as I don't know where I will be going for uni yet... so any tips and I am unfit so is there light exercising I can do that will help e.g. walking of cycling?

ReputationRep:
    Please say it's not the Special K one.

ReputationRep:
    my mate at uni did the special K diet. It did seem to work to well for him at first but then he got slack. With that diet you need to be stringent i think. Probably helps if you regulary excerise as well.

ReputationRep:
    Kelloggs was a bad bad man who encouraged using acid on the clitoris to discourage masturbation. His cereals were designed to surpress the urge to masturbate.

He was a bad bad man.

ReputationRep:
    No its not a good diet to use. I can't possibly think of a worse one, in fact I find it hard to believe that they are even allowed to advertise this retarded "diet" on tv at all. Ask in fitness

ReputationRep:
    it probably will work, because you'll be starving yourself.
    as soon as you stop the diet you'll probably put a lot of weight back on.

how about a short run near where you live? or a brisk walk working up to running. exercise videos at home could be an idea as well if that's something that appeals to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    Please say it's not the Special K one.
    lol I'd say so. Either that or the Crunchy Nut one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    it probably will work, because you'll be starving yourself.
    as soon as you stop the diet you'll probably put a lot of weight back on.

how about a short run near where you live? or a brisk walk working up to running. exercise videos at home could be an idea as well if that's something that appeals to you.
    the exercise video is appealing any recommendations? Also th running.... how long for because I'll end up dropping after a minute? .... how about skipping.... how long should I be exercising for ?

ReputationRep:
    Diets are a crap idea in general. Do you really think you'll magically stay at the weight you're at at the end of the diet if you go back to your normal diet? Repeat after me:

Eat less, excercise more.

Eat less, excercise more.

Get it yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgirl)
    the exercise video is appealing any recommendations? Also th running.... how long for because I'll end up dropping after a minute? .... how about skipping.... how long should I be exercising for ?
    try the fitness forum. about the running: i'd say run for as long as you can, walk until you feel you can run again and so on. You'll have to start slow if you're not used to any exercise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    Kelloggs was a bad bad man who encouraged using acid on the clitoris to discourage masturbation. His cereals were designed to surpress the urge to masturbate.

He was a bad bad man.
    Lol wasn't that on QI last night?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    Lol wasn't that on QI last night?
    Part of it was, but it was also mentioned in a book called Bad Science which is the source I was actually considering when I wrote it. Still, 2 references now :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    Part of it was, but it was also mentioned in a book called Bad Science which is the source I was actually considering when I wrote it. Still, 2 references now :tongue:
    Ah, I see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    Ah, I see
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    sugary, starchy carbs with diary twice a day? you're better off with fruit and veg.

ReputationRep:
    It's only a different way of doing a calorie control diet. I think your on like 1200 calories a day or something.

Anyway, no, it doesnt. Excersize.

ReputationRep:
    Can no one realise that it's one big commercial scam in order to shift more bowls of Special K? Eh?

Two bowls a f***ing day? You only need one! There is no diet, all you'll be doing is further funding the evil cereal corporation that is Kelloggs.

ReputationRep:
    My sister was on it for a while. She said she'd rather be fat than eat any more effing Special K.

You know the advert where she compares her reflection to the swimsuit in the window? If she just stood a bit further back it would bloody fit her. Stupid adverts.

ReputationRep:
    In the small print at the bottom it says it works if your BMI is 25+ (I'm guessing you could be but you'd have to check).

ReputationRep:
    Everyone knows the Special K diet is basically a moneymaking campaign! If you want to go on a diet at least go on a proper one.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.