Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i have ginger hair and consequently have ginger pubes. lots of people have asked me if i have ginger pubes and it really pisses me off- i don't ask everyone i meet what colour their pubes are! stupidly i just feel awkward and ashamed to admit that the rug does indeed match the curtains. is it so wrong to have ginger pubes? i can't help it

ReputationRep:
    No, Don't be silly. I have ginger pubes too, it's not so bad.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore them? or just say 'no, purple mate' and walk off. job done

Im pretty sure any girl you get with will know what to expect anyway so there wont be any shock.

ReputationRep:
    Pubes are gross anyway I wouldnt let it bother you. People can be so sterotypically moronic they can never think of anything orginal. Think nothing of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i have ginger hair and consequently have ginger pubes. lots of people have asked me if i have ginger pubes and it really pisses me off- i don't ask everyone i meet what colour their pubes are! stupidly i just feel awkward and ashamed to admit that the rug does indeed match the curtains. is it so wrong to have ginger pubes? i can't help it
    Can't you dye them?

ReputationRep:
    i like gingers, true story

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    Can't you dye them?
    Lol, no.

That would buuuuuuurn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Ignore them? or just say 'no, purple mate' and walk off. job done

Im pretty sure any girl you get with will know what to expect anyway so there wont be any shock.
    Best advice you'll get on the matter

ReputationRep:
    I dont understand why the whole ginger pubes thing came up its a little pointless and stupid if you ask me, if a persons hair is one colour the likelyhood is most other hair will be the same. Stating the obvious and embarrasing someone over it is beyond me.

Best thing to do is to ignore it and laugh it off, nothing wrong with it at all, just take it, for what is it is a joke (obviously a bad one but still).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Lol, no.

That would buuuuuuurn.
    Yeah you can! There's a special dye for pubes. I think it's called Betty something. All sorts of colours like pink and green... I am really contemlating aquiring some of these 'pube things so I can dye them bright green. Nothing like looking like you have some form of trench foot (or would that be crotch) to get you in the mood.

ReputationRep:
    I think they are great (Y) then again i could be biased seeings im also a red head and consequently... as you say have the rug to match the curtains.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't care about them on a girl. I can't imagine it being an issue the other way around. But do dye them anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Shut it, fanta pants.

Seriously though, there's nowt you can do about it. It's just another way of ****ging you for having ginger hair so dying your pubes ain't gonna help much, and dying yer hair would just be admitting they've got to you and leave you open to more abuse. Don't take it too seriously, it's just a generic thing that gingers are going to be abused for their hair colour, it's not something specific to you and it's not something that you should take personally. As for an answer, "shut it/ask yer maw/get to ****" etc are all comebacks that I've heard used in the past.

ReputationRep:
    i always get asked if i have afro pubes. just say "ask your mum".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nouvelle_vague)
    Yeah you can! There's a special dye for pubes. I think it's called Betty something. All sorts of colours like pink and green... I am really contemlating aquiring some of these 'pube things so I can dye them bright green. Nothing like looking like you have some form of trench foot (or would that be crotch) to get you in the mood.
    WOW, HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS, HAVE YOU DYED YOURS

ReputationRep:
    Just offer to show them yours if they show you theirs. That should shut them up pretty sharpish.

ReputationRep:
    I got called ginger pubes once by a seven year old chav. I'm not even ginger. Stupid mini chav.

(Original post by PrincessJasmine)
    Just offer to show them yours if they show you theirs. That should shut them up pretty sharpish.

haha! cheers, i'll be using that

ReputationRep:
    betty crocker right?

ReputationRep:
    Wah? You've tried this?
    Pics or didn't happen

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 16, 2009
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.