Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anon cus friends use this.

So im quite interested in joining pole dancing just for fun. I think of it as a kind of sport as you do workout your muscles when doing it!

I told my bf about it but he didnt seem to agree with me. He said it's ok if it's going to be all girls (like proper pole dancing class), but not if there will be guys there watching (like pole dancing class but in a pub-ish venue, if you know what i mean). I kinda agree with him as i woudlnt want sleezy guys watching me doing those stuff anyway. But i really like to join tho

So people who has a gf, what do you think? Would you ming your gf joining it?

Also, is pole dancing dangerous? I'm a bit worry about falling off the pole and hurting myself since i've never done it before! The only sport i properly trained was Taekwon-do, which i did for 8 years.

I've done some pole dancing classes a few years back and really enjoyed it, apart from the aching muscles the next day.

From what i know most classes are held in a dance class enviroment not a club/pub (although obv some might be).

The best thing to do would be to find an all female class in an enviroment your comfortable with. If you do this i cant see how your boyfriend could have a problem.

Dangerous part, every activity is going to have a chance of an injury but as long as you are being taught by a professional and not being stupid its hardly going to be that dangerous:p:

heya, i bought my own pole for use at home, i wanted to try it but i didnt have the time or money to go to regular classes and although my partner would never come out and say it i dont think he wud be happy with me doin it infront of others, my pole can go up and down in 5 mins, isnt attatched to the roof or anything just works by pushing agains the floor and the ceiling, really strong, u can just learn as u go or buy a dvd, also u tube has some good vids, hope this helped x
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.