Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can any medics help? Jaw Injury Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by porcelainvodka)
    Thank you for your advice, I went to a walk-in centre but it was closed, i feel a bit silly going to A & E on a friday night with all the drunks so Im gonna sleep on it and see how i feel tomorrow.

any luck with NHS direct? are you taking pain relief aswell? keep up fluids, and keep an eye on it, but do seek out medical advice jic, even if it starts to feel a bit better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    Walk in centre's are pretty useless in my experience as a punter. Walked in with an ulcerated cut inside my lip and walked out with a verbal prescription for cod liver oil kindly provided by the nurse.
    Ouch! Did it work?
    I suppose we get what we pay for. I wasn't expecting miracles to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    any luck with NHS direct? are you taking pain relief aswell? keep up fluids, and keep an eye on it, but do seek out medical advice jic, even if it starts to feel a bit better
    NHS direct had me on hold for too long, and kept going on about Swine Flue so I gave up

Thanks for the advice, I will do. Hopefully the swelling should go down tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    NHS direct had me on hold for too long, and kept going on about Swine Flue so I gave up

Thanks for the advice, I will do. Hopefully the swelling should go down tomorrow.

yeah, if its uncomfortable just take some paracetamol and ibuprofen, and as hard as its going to be, try and rest your jaw, and deffo, like i said, keep up the fluid intake, ice may help too but im not 100% sure on this, swelling on the face though, especially after what happened should be seen, cannot stress this enough! either way, good luck, it sounds sore and painful, hope you sleep ok, try and sleep on the other side

ReputationRep:

No unfortunately it was completely a random suggestion to make, it was supposed to "make me glow in 2 weeks" :p:

NHS Direct is also a waste of time. I got told to get some paracetamol for my barely coherent mate who had a quinsy , ended up being hospitalised for 5 days with 4 litres of fluid in A&E.

(Original post by digitalis)
    No unfortunately it was completely a random suggestion to make, it was supposed to "make me glow in 2 weeks" :p:

NHS Direct is also a waste of time. I got told to get some paracetamol for my barely coherent mate who had a quinsy , ended up being hospitalised for 5 days with 4 litres of fluid in A&E.
    Quinsy is a life threatening emergency.
    Nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    So your jaw hurts and but not enough so you can't talk to them on the phone?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.