The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
For some reason yes, I seem to always help with finances and phoning companies etc. I don't really know why though when it's their accounts.
Reply 2
I used to when I lived at home.
Sometimes yes.
Reply 4
Rian1988
For some reason yes, I seem to always help with finances and phoning companies etc. I don't really know why though when it's their accounts.

Did you always struggle in knowing what to do with benefits and forms? Or knowing what to say to staff members in phonecalls?
Reply 5
I don't think they would trust me to do that.
:p:
I do a lot of my dads paperwork for him. H'es got a bloody doctorate yet can't fill out a simple form. and I 'help' my mun fill out forms because ' I don't know... I'm Confused' when all its asking for is write you name in this box...

my god you should see it when we fill out student finance! it takes about 4 hours and about 20 arguments.

I do quite a lot for my parents with administration kinda stuff, if we were s business I'd definitely be the operations director.
Reply 7
Phonecalls - yes. Everything else - no.
nnnnnnoooooooooooooo, my mums buisness is her buisness, if i answer the home phone, fair enough i'll pass the message on but im not doing anything else

plus i dont live at home anymore
I've never done any of this stuff.
Reply 10
WildStriker
Did you always struggle in knowing what to do with benefits and forms? Or knowing what to say to staff members in phonecalls?

Not really, that's why I usually do them. With phone calls I am fairly confident as I work in a call centre and as I work for a utility company I understand most bills. If there is anything I don't understand I will look on the internet until I find out.
Reply 11
When they call BT to sort out bills and problems with the line, i ignore them and let them suffer the torture of trying to figure out what the technical support person from India is trying to say. :biggrin: I tried it once and vowed never to talk to BT tech support again.
Reply 12
fallen angel9
I've never done any of this stuff.

Lucky you. You don't get to humiluate yourself and make yourself sound like an idiot by not knowing what to say to people taking your calls whenever you are making phonecalls on behalf of your parents.
No. My mum does most of that, and our accountant does the rest.
Reply 14
Yeah, I get a lot of phone calls from my brother, sister and even her boyfriend to ask for help with forms, find phone numbers, email people and other random crap.

They must think I am some sort of Civil Service person, free of charge.
Reply 15
Sometimes, with my parents, if you need something doing its easier and more reliable to get it done yourself.
Reply 16
Yeah, I'm a live-in PA.
No, I am not their secretary.
Reply 18
I only live at home a few months a year, so no I don't, nor did I when I lived here permenantly.

Only things I do is when dad's agency rings, I take a message or tell them to contact him via mobile.

To be honest, even though Im a student I've got enough admin stuff to deal with myself (arguing with letting agents, utilities, annoying call centres (no offence to anyone) etc.)
Reply 19
it does my head in tbh.
generally no but people feel like theyre free to fill me in and i really dont want to know:tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending