Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

No, my parents are capable of doing life admin themselves.

ReputationRep:
    No not really. My mum is well on top of the finances. She knows whats coming in and out of each account, down to the penny. I am **** with money, so i would be no use to her.

Both the folks are useless with technical stuff though. Mobile phone contracts, broadband and stuff i help them to sort out.

ReputationRep:
    No my parents don't need my help with anything like that, the only thing my dad asked me to do once was sit on the phone for hours to Dell technical support because "my time is more important than yours" bloody charming abuse of my precious student times.

I help out with an increasing number of things, like I hunt for the best deals on some bills but my Dad will deal with the actual buying a sealing of the contract and filling in the details. I guess I just do the legwork for some of the stuff then...

ReputationRep:
    A new question I have, what about student finance forms? Do any of you do them yourselves, depend on someone (like an older sibling or friend) to assist you, etc?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I have spent the morning sorting my dads car insurance and ill help mam with her tax returns n stuff, she works full time I dont so who not lend a hand while im home is kinda my philosophy

ReputationRep:
    Yes with pleasure. My mom seems unable to complete a sentence in English, she's got to mix in at least 3 other languages whilst talking to the poor person who's trying to understand her nonsense :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    I do all the phoning up companies. I got virgin media to make our plan, which was the most basic one, with TV, phone and broadband, to the highest one at the same monthly cost

And my dad gets me to look up stuff for him, even when he's on his computer, and I'm not, then get's all pissed off when I ask him to do it or I don't do it... "/

ReputationRep:
    I have to coz my parents dnt know English >.>

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.