Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm on an interruption from my degree and really considering not going back and re-applying to do a different course but in the same subject area.
    I'm considering Social Work, Health and Social Care etc. but I'm wondering whether to apply through UCAS for 2010 or through clearing or direct in 2009.

    I have 350 UCAS points, the first year of a BA Youth Work degree (related subject, lots of overlapping modules) 66% average and currently undertaking a Level (Year) 2, 30 point course with the OU in Social Work Law. I'm nearly 22.

    * If I apply through clearing, when is the latest I can apply to UCAS or have I missed it?
    * Do I have to let my current uni release me before I apply to UCAS/other unis?
    * Are other unis likely to credit me some points for my previous study?

    Help please, thanks
    • PS Reviewer

    PS Reviewer
    You can apply up to september 20th
    Possibly, it depends on the uni. Ask them
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.