Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is my arse still fat?! watch

ReputationRep:
    Try searching this "Chunky Fat Aerobics Instructor Syndrome"

It may explain it for you.

ReputationRep:
    It's probably that that's just your natural body shape and you just happen to store most of your fat on your hips and thighs. As has been said you can't target fat loss but I'd still go with doing things such as squats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prudence Slutsky)
    Hi everyone :p:

For the past 2 months I've been running my butt off (3 x 5k runs /week) and lifting weights (5lb in each hand), doing a few squats and some yoga on my rest days, and eating healthily (no processed or junk food, only good carbs, healthy fats (olive and fish oils) veggies, fruit, lean protein and whatnot) and I still have saddlebags and lovehandles.

I've lost inches all over which is good - but, if I lose any more weight on my upper half, it'll look like I have toothpicks for arms.

My stats: 5'9, 126lbs, 24" waist, 35" hips.

What am I doing wrong? Should I try something else? I really don't want to blow my student loan on lipo :woo:

Edit: I meant 5lb, not 2. Lol.

you could maybe try interval training where like you run on full sprint for about say 1 minute followed by a 2 minute jog and do that for a set amount of time or distance - your body might have just become accustomed to your current routine so that could maybe shake things up a little.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Preeka)
    you could maybe try interval training where like you run on full sprint for about say 1 minute followed by a 2 minute jog and do that for a set amount of time or distance - your body might have just become accustomed to your current routine so that could maybe shake things up a little.
    That's brilliant! Thanks, I'll definitely try that :yes:

+rep

ReputationRep:
    That's brilliant! Thanks, I'll definitely try that :yes:

+rep
    Did i not already say that :shifty:

A minute is a little long for sprinting though.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

For the past 2 months I've been running my butt off (3 x 5k runs /week) and lifting weights (5lb in each hand), doing a few squats and some yoga on my rest days, and eating healthily (no processed or junk food, only good carbs, healthy fats (olive and fish oils) veggies, fruit, lean protein and whatnot) and I still have saddlebags and lovehandles.

I've lost inches all over which is good - but, if I lose any more weight on my upper half, it'll look like I have toothpicks for arms.

What am I doing wrong? Should I try something else? I really don't want to blow my student loan on lipo

Last edited by Prudence Slutsky : 21 Minutes Ago at 21:59.

my bum is also out of proportion with my body :'(
    its too fatttt!

please help me!
    anyone know any exercises aimed specifically at the bum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summer of 69)
    its too fatttt!

please help me!
    doggy style :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7777777)

the child in me feels the need to do this: nuh nuh nuh nuh nuhhhhhh

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Preeka)
    the child in me feels the need to do this: nuh nuh nuh nuh nuhhhhhh

:p:
    damn you

ReputationRep:
    damn you
    Rep for you tomorrow :p:

ReputationRep:

Not really. You're meant to be working at 90%, not flat out. Plenty of fitter people do minute intervals.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

What am I doing wrong? Should I try something else? I really don't want to blow my student loan on lipo

The weight is far to light.

Read this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post20313175

Hopefully this will explain things a little more to you

ReputationRep:
    I used to think my arse was fat when I was 5'9" and 8 stone so it is probably all in your head. However I suppose you could so something with squats and maybe try cycling or something that works your bottom half of your body but it won't just come off your bum obviously

ReputationRep:
    I'm no bum expert..but isn't the bum suppose to be hard as rock. Try some bum exercises? Just please don't do lipo. Ahhh!

ReputationRep:
    Rep for you tomorrow :p:
    :mmm: why thank you
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    24" waist, 35" hips.
    How is that anywhere near fat? I am seven inches shorter than you; I have the same hips and a waist that is one inch larger, and most people would consider me thin (being a size 0 and all).

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by Summer of 69
    its too fatttt!

please help me!

doggy style
    haha awesome its worth a shot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summer of 69)
    haha awesome its worth a shot!
    definately :p:

To your original question, exercises mention in this thread would be perfect. Lunges and squats... and cardio work to of course :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Doing squats will put muscle on yur bum and if you naturally have a bit of a bum anyways, squats will only make it bigger.It will just be harder and tighter. You will be able to break walnuts in your buttcheeks. Same with running especially if you are running up hills. Your thighs and bum will get a bit chunkier.I know because I see women out running a lot and some of them despite looking fit have nice powerful thighs and tight muscular perky bottoms. I know because as I have been doing squats my bum has got a bit perkier and I'm a bloke.

You need to embrace your phat ass. Lots of men like a girl with an ass anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ministerdonut)
    Doing squats will put muscle on yur bum and if you naturally have a bit of a bum anyways, squats will only make it bigger.It will just be harder and tighter. You will be able to break walnuts in your buttcheeks. Same with running especially if you are running up hills. Your thighs and bum will get a bit chunkier.I know because I see women out running a lot and some of them despite looking fit have nice powerful thighs and tight muscular perky bottoms. I know because as I have been doing squats my bum has got a bit perkier and I'm a bloke.

You need to embrace your phat ass. Lots of men like a girl with an ass anyway.
    Well i've got the same problem but i'm a guy.

I've got a very slim body but a big bum and fat legs :mad: I jog 3 times/w but it does not affect the lower part of my body which is not in proportion of my upper body.

Can someone recommend some exercise plz? (without weights since i don't go to the gym)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.