Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My auntie is getting married there next october so the whole family is going along to the cayo santa maria island in particular.
    Has anyone been before and could anybody tell me the likelihood of hurricanes during the month of october?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know anything about Cuba but I do know that hurricane season lasts from June to November.

ReputationRep:
    I went in October a few years ago, and I dont even think it rained lol. Both the weather, people and experiance was amazing!

ReputationRep:
    I thought October's fine and theres a low risk of hurricanes? I'm planning to go October 2010.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going October this year
    I was sad enough to read up about the hurricane history for like the past few years...I got scared that there'd be some huge hurricane like you hear about.
    Nothing major has happened. And even like the Category 2 and 3 ones hit earlier in the season I think? *Crosses fingers*

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the season. The only hurricanes I recall making landfall in recent years were in the month of July and my mom and brother were in Hanvana during one. The hotel staff at all the hotels are trained to ensure your safety. So even if there was one (although unlikely) you'd be safe and well taken care of. And Hurricanes don't typically last long in that part of the Carribean. They move on within 24 hours, generally speaking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    My auntie is getting married there next october so the whole family is going along to the cayo santa maria island in particular.
    Has anyone been before and could anybody tell me the likelihood of hurricanes during the month of october?
    Hmm dunno, it's probs that season but you gotta go and hope for the best. I went one Sept and we were fine....you never kiow

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.