Turn on thread page Beta

tonsillectomy diary watch

ReputationRep:
    No only had tonsils out. And yes it does hurt like a .... Constant earache as well, which I've never ever had before so I didnt quite believe the things i read about having earache after, but its true, sadly.

ReputationRep:
    oh and also, the surgeon did warn me about a chipped tooth etc while they opearate, but they gave me a fat lip! no joke, and the inside of the lip has an ulcer from where it hit the tooth. il post a pic soon

ReputationRep:
    Hope you feel better soon

ReputationRep:
    day 6 - so painful and the ear ache is relentless

not a happy bunny

* warning picture may offend * tough.. its only your eyes - its offending my piggin throat
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stellatommo20)
    day 6 - so painful and the ear ache is relentless

not a happy bunny

* warning picture may offend * tough.. its only your eyes - its offending my piggin throat
    Your throat looks really painfull. Did your doctor tell you how long it's going to be painfull for?

ReputationRep:
    words fail me for how painful it is :<

no doctor didnt say, but apparently it gets really painful (now) just before scabs fall off, and then its not painful, day 7-11 apparently. so my fnigers are crossed that scabs fall off tomoro.

ReputationRep:
    Ouch, really hope you feel better soon OP!

ReputationRep:
    jesus christ day 7 is by far the worst i could quite easily cry

ReputationRep:
    :yikes: Did they at least give you some painkillers?

ReputationRep:
    Ive been on 60mg codeine and 1000mg paracetemol every 4 hours since the day of the op, and just been prescribed some tramadol hydrochloride as todays pain is severe. hopefully thy take it away

ReputationRep:
    I hope you weren't taking more than 4 doses of co-codamol in 24 hours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect_Gent)
    I hope you weren't taking more than 4 doses of co-codamol in 24 hours?

it wasnt co-codamol it was little 30mg codeine tablets and 500mg paracetemol tablets. i took 2 of each round the clock, literally.

mate ive been taking pain killers round the clock for a week now. i no i shouldnt but all i can say is this - when you are in agony and you know that you have the power to stop that pain, what would you do.

i was prescribed tramadol hydrochloride yesterday cos the pain worsened tenfold, so every four hours i am taking 100mg of that with 1000mg paracetemol.

the tramadol made me feel wonderful lol - like i was put in a nice deep warm cosy hole but then made me feel quite sick later on at night. still worth it tho, lovely.

ReputationRep:
    I'd spend a lot of my time in agony without co-codamol, whether it's taken as two combined 30/500 tablets like I take or seperate tablets like they've given you. Tramadol has no pleasurable effects for me it just makes me feel like crap a few hours after I've taken it so I avoid it, pain its just that, pain and the co-codamol manages it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.