Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Some kes on m keboad aen't woking. Watch

ReputationRep:
    o shold be able to wok ot what I am saing and also which ae the kes that aen't woking. I went awa fo a while and when I came back m kebaod was like this on m laptop, it hasn't be spilled on. I thoght itmight be becase it was cold so I have left it on fo a while (like a da} to see if that woks bt obviosl not. It's a Son Vaio. I will obviosl send it back if I can't fix it, bt I have tied so fa : Sstem estoe, cleaning nde some kes. I thee anthing else I can t befoe having to send it off?

ReputationRep:
    et a nw kbrd

ReputationRep:
    laptop keyboard or pc keyboard? If its a pc, replace it, if its a laptop, plug in an external keyboard for the moment. Are you sure nothing was spilt on it? How can you be sure? Is it sticky? Is it possible that someone has had access to it and could have taken the keyboard keys off and replaced them. If you have had it the whole time, it could be a problem with the signals being sent to the PC rather than a physical problem, in which case it would need to be replaced most probably.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm sounds like it is your RTYU keys that are not working which seem to be in the same group? Is it a new laptop and still in warranty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    laptop keyboard or pc keyboard? If its a pc, replace it, if its a laptop, plug in an external keyboard for the moment. Are you sure nothing was spilt on it? How can you be sure? Is it sticky? Is it possible that someone has had access to it and could have taken the keyboard keys off and replaced them. If you have had it the whole time, it could be a problem with the signals being sent to the PC rather than a physical problem, in which case it would need to be replaced most probably.
    It's on a laptop. Wow, that was a entence!! Haha. Anwa, em, I don't have a spae extenal keboad. It's not stick, the ae pessing down like nomal. No-one has had access to this apat fom me, it's been locked awa fo abot a week and I haven't sed it. I am se it's not been pilled on as nothing came in this oom when I was awa.
    I think it might be something wong with the PC bt I'm not entiel se...It was blesceening me a lot befoe I left. As I said I have done sstem estoe (if o can ndestand what that sas}

How does one eplace a laptop keboad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian1988)
    Hmm sounds like it is your RTYU keys that are not working which seem to be in the same group? Is it a new laptop and still in warranty?
    Hee:

1356789-=
    qwetiop]
    asdfghjkl;'#zxcvbnm,./

thee is some goping bt it appeas to be in two gops??

the bottom ow seems fine thogh

it's abot 1 eas old. It shold still be nde waantee, bt m dad boght it so I'm not se.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    Hee:

1356789-=
    qwetiop]
    asdfghjkl;'#zxcvbnm,./

thee is some goping bt it appeas to be in two gops??

the bottom ow seems fine thogh

it's abot 1 eas old. It shold still be nde waantee, bt m dad boght it so I'm not se.
    It could be as simple as a loose connection connecting your keyboard, do you know how to check this? I would call Sony to see if it is still in warranty.

ReputationRep:
    It's on a laptop. Wow, that was a entence!! Haha. Anwa, em, I don't have a spae extenal keboad. It's not stick, the ae pessing down like nomal. No-one has had access to this apat fom me, it's been locked awa fo abot a week and I haven't sed it. I am se it's not been pilled on as nothing came in this oom when I was awa.
    I think it might be something wong with the PC bt I'm not entiel se...It was blesceening me a lot befoe I left. As I said I have done sstem estoe (if o can ndestand what that sas}

How does one eplace a laptop keboad?

Urm well if it's still in warranty, the best option is probably to send it back for repair. Or you could buy a keyboard for your model of laptop, just search google shouldn't be too hard to find. Then follow an online guide of how to replace it. Here is one for a sony vaio laptop, but its pretty old http://www.insidemylaptop.com/removi...xa63-keyboard/
    if you search around though, you can probably find one on the web for your model

ReputationRep:
    og hat sucks eally

get new keboard asap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian1988)
    It could be as simple as a loose connection connecting your keyboard, do you know how to check this? I would call Sony to see if it is still in warranty.
    I don't know how to check this. ANOTHE SENTENCE WOAH.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    Urm well if it's still in warranty, the best option is probably to send it back for repair. Or you could buy a keyboard for your model of laptop, just search google shouldn't be too hard to find. Then follow an online guide of how to replace it. Here is one for a sony vaio laptop, but its pretty old http://www.insidemylaptop.com/removi...xa63-keyboard/
    if you search around though, you can probably find one on the web for your model
    I have tied to eplace kes on this befoe, becase I boke them (p and down kes, not the ones that ae boken now} and it is eall had, the mechanism is o mch moe difficlt than on an othe keboad I've done it with.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how to check this. ANOTHE SENTENCE WOAH.

Ok then, don't try it if you don't know what your doing. But I would speak to Sony when you can to see if it is still under warranty, in the mean time use http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...turnonuse.mspx

ReputationRep:
    Well, In the mean time on screen keyboard is your friend, my eyes hurt :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have tied to eplace kes on this befoe, becase I boke them (p and down kes, not the ones that ae boken now} and it is eall had, the mechanism is o mch moe difficlt than on an othe keboad I've done it with.

I'm not talking about replacing keys, which is a ***** on a laptop. Im talking about replacing the whole keyboard. But as people have said, it could be a loose connection, but it's worth trying to get it done under warranty before you try anything.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just pleased I managed to read the lot :awesome:

:rofl: It sounds like you can't speak properly...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibs137)
    i can't see Emma Watson clearly enough because of him..
    Theres a better picture, search "emma watson upskirt" on google.co.uk
    first link

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibs137)
    i hate the guy in your sig! :mad:

I love the crazy guy in your sig, ive seen that video so many times, but i have only just realised that it was the guy next to him that was hitting him in the back of the head! Haha that makes it even better :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    A stranger in moscow, what was Ken from Street Fighters brothers name? I've forgotten.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webstersss)
    Theres a better picture, search "emma watson upskirt" on google.co.uk
    first link
    oh my good God!

that was more than I bargained for..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.