Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The safe boring guy, or the bad fun guy watch

Hi TSR!!!!

Well right now, I'm kind of stuck, there are two guys in my life right now, I like both but I don't know what to do

Guy A-my ex, we went out for 2 years, but it got boring, but he's still like my best freind and I have still have feelings for him. He's a performing arts student, and does nothing right now, just a bum. He texts me everyday and we talk on the phone pretty much everyday. He wants a serious relationship and is as serious as marriage, i can trust him with my life, and he's just too nice, but there's noo zaap oor zinng like there is with guy B

Guy B- I met him two months ago, he's doing a psychology degree, sleeps around, drinks, smokes cigs and weed, thing is, i've only known him from msn/phone, and we both like each other, we talk almost everynight for about 6hours, and we arranged to meet, but he got 'held up' and we have mutual freinds, says he likes me alot, even told me some pretty deep secrets.

I know you guys are going to say oh you're the onyl one who can decide bla bla bla, but I wouldn't mind some opinions on this.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Who is richer?

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, neither. Don't go for guy A if he bores you, I personally wouldn't go for guy B because he sounds awful, and you don't even know him, not really! I wouldn't get attached to guy B until you've got to know him properly, like in person.

(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Seriously, neither. Don't go for guy A if he bores you, I personally wouldn't go for guy B because he sounds awful, and you don't even know him, not really! I wouldn't get attached to guy B until you've got to know him properly, like in person.
    He's not as bad as he sounds :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi TSR!!!!

Well right now, I'm kind of stuck, there are two guys in my life right now, I like both but I don't know what to do

Guy A-my ex, we went out for 2 years, but it got boring, but he's still like my best freind and I have still have feelings for him. He's a performing arts student, and does nothing right now, just a bum. He texts me everyday and we talk on the phone pretty much everyday. He wants a serious relationship and is as serious as marriage, i can trust him with my life, and he's just too nice, but there's noo zaap oor zinng like there is with guy B

Guy B- I met him two months ago, he's doing a psychology degree, sleeps around, drinks, smokes cigs and weed, thing is, i've only known him from msn/phone, and we both like each other, we talk almost everynight for about 6hours, and we arranged to meet, but he got 'held up' and we have mutual freinds, says he likes me alot, even told me some pretty deep secrets.

I know you guys are going to say oh you're the onyl one who can decide bla bla bla, but I wouldn't mind some opinions on this.

Thanks
    Guy A - Simply because Guy B is a ****, do you want somebody who will actually care about you, or someone who is unlikely to want anything but another conquest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    Who is richer?
    Omg Win.

Repped

ReputationRep:
    Guy A- Guy B sounds a bit risky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He's not as bad as he sounds :o:
    If I were you, unless you want sex and a good time desperately, then just leave it. Is there any rush to get into a relationship?

Just wait for now and find a guy who ticks all your boxes and won't hurt you/mess you around/bore you/give you a STI? :p:

ReputationRep:
    The girls who take guy B are the ones who 2 weeks later go "I really liked him but he was such a **** to me - god why are ALL guys such dicks, and why are there never any decent ones out there". Well; that is your reason, because most girls, including maybe you, would probably go for the fun guy option, rather than the decent guy option, and will end up getting hurt.

Though personally, if I was a girl, I'd want a guy who would have both qualities, because either way I can see it isn't going to work out - though if it did, I would put my money on guy A. By the way, how do you mean by 'zap or zing' that this guy B has?

ReputationRep:
    Guy B doesn't really sound "bad" or "fun" just sounds like a guy who drinks and smokes weed. Not really exciting- that whole scene is actually pretty boring once you've been there done that. Guy A seems like a good guy; the kind of person you'd want for your best friend and I can't say more or less than that.

If I were in your situation, I'd pick Guy C.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't go for either to be honest. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    Who is richer?
    This.

ReputationRep:
    none of them, unless you can use them to gain something for yourself

ReputationRep:
    If you HAVE to pick, go for Guy A.
    But better to go with no one, because do you really want to be with a guy who bores you for the rest of your life?

ReputationRep:
    You will end up cheating on A
    You will never be able to have exclusivity with B
    Neither of them will give you good sex

assuming there is no C-Z, sucks to be you tbf

ReputationRep:
    Find Guy C, D, E, F, G...

ReputationRep:
    Go for B. It's not like A isn't a good safety bet in the long run.

(Original post by Ben F)
    The girls who take guy B are the ones who 2 weeks later go "I really liked him but he was such a **** to me - god why are ALL guys such dicks, and why are there never any decent ones out there". Well; that is your reason, because most girls, including maybe you, would probably go for the fun guy option, rather than the decent guy option, and will end up getting hurt.

Though personally, if I was a girl, I'd want a guy who would have both qualities, because either way I can see it isn't going to work out - though if it did, I would put my money on guy A. By the way, how do you mean by 'zap or zing' that this guy B has?
    by zaap zing, i mean, when Guy A talks to me, its nothing, we talk about boring stuff, never interesting or fun, when we're out, its boring. but guy B, we talk about interesting stuff, never run out of things to say to each other, we stay up all night most nights and talk

ReputationRep:
    Guy A sounds cooler to get along with, I can imagine Guy B either end up cheating on you, dumping you because he's bored or just using you for one thing, he'd probably be the type to get into a few arguments with you over things too. I agree that some girls go off and choose guys like Guy B over a decent guy like Guy A and then when it goes wrong then moan and mope about how he hurt them. That feeling they feel then is the exact same Guy A will be feeling when the girl shunted them for the other guy who didn't deserve them in the first place. In the end it's entirely your choice though.

ReputationRep:
    whos better in bed?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.