Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The safe boring guy, or the bad fun guy Watch

guy A is tight as hell, when he was toghether, I'd ALWAYS pay for everything, even though his dad is as rich as hell. Guy B works full time, and part time during uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Seriously, neither. Don't go for guy A if he bores you, I personally wouldn't go for guy B because he sounds awful, and you don't even know him, not really! I wouldn't get attached to guy B until you've got to know him properly, like in person.
    This.

There are more than two guys in the world. Go and find someone who's better than both of them.

ReputationRep:
    Of the two, guy A anyday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    guy A is tight as hell, when he was toghether, I'd ALWAYS pay for everything, even though his dad is as rich as hell. Guy B works full time, and part time during uni
    Not that Guy A sounds amazing, but you're pretty defensive of Guy B. :hmmm:

Basically you want to be with Guy B, and you just came on TSR to see if others to agree with you so you don't feel so bad about it. If/when it goes wrong you'll probably end up going back to Guy A.

amirite or amirite? :awesome: :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    guy B = WIN

why have a boring relationship? guy A will be a bad choice. why would guy B cheat on you just because he has more laughs? just tell him upfront you like him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh snap!)
    guy B = WIN

why have a boring relationship? guy A will be a bad choice. why would guy B cheat on you just because he has more laughs? just tell him upfront you like him
    she said he sleeps around

(Original post by Oh snap!)
    guy B = WIN

he's been honest with me, and told me he likes me, and he's been cheated on before, so he knows how it feels, so i doubt he'll do it to me...

ReputationRep:
    Neither...anyone who is doing a degree at uni, isn't a PROPER bad guy

ReputationRep:
    I think it's gonna take you until around M.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    but guy B, we talk about interesting stuff, never run out of things to say to each other, we stay up all night most nights and talk
    That's not going to last, you know :p:

Two years, with guy B, you'll have just as little to talk about as now with guy A.

ReputationRep:
    Classic false dilemma.

ReputationRep:
    nice guys finish LAST...

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you combine both and go find a bad, boring guy. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I'd personally wait for number C.

UNLESS, you're only after something temporary... then B, I guess. But proceed with caution.

Drop things with Guy A. I can't count the number of times I've seen people (and I did this mistake, too) who broke up, got back together, only to break up again in an even uglier way. Mind you, sometimes it does work out... but if the reason behind break-up number one is along the lines of "it was boring"... changes are it will get boring once again. Don't put him or yourself through it all over again. And the fact that you're having doubts about it only enforces the lack of potential... success.

ReputationRep:
    Aw, guy A sounds lovely. Can I have guy A?

ReputationRep:
    Guy B will have **** cardio cause of the smoking and thus be terrible in the sac.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you HAVE to pick one? Neither sounds like a good option. Guy A is your ex for a reason, if you don't have much to talk to now, there won't be much to talk to if you get back together. Guy B is the typical bad boy who you think you will be able to change because that's what we girls usually like to think, that we're THE ONE special enough to do that. But guess what? Very rarely does that happen and when it does it's usually in some movie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Seriously, neither. Don't go for guy A if he bores you, I personally wouldn't go for guy B because he sounds awful, and you don't even know him, not really! I wouldn't get attached to guy B until you've got to know him properly, like in person.
    i agree with sakura

ReputationRep:
    Looks like you spend a lot of time on the phone..

(Original post by h-star)
    Looks like you spend a lot of time on the phone..
    making use out of my unlimited minutes :rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.