Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you have a friend that does your head in? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I feel like such a cow, but sometimes my friend irritates me so much. She has to know everything, and it doesnt help that we had different up bringings.
    I have had to work since i was 16 cos my family are skint but her family is very rich. So when I say that i'm tired from work and am not v chatty online, she won't stop talking and thinks i don't make enough effort.
    She has just found a job so i'm hoping that she will also be tired and less attention seeking.
    Does anyone else have a friend like this?

ReputationRep:
    No but if i did.. when they are sleeping.. off with their head!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondyx)
    No but if i did.. when they are sleeping.. off with their head!
    haha if only!!

ReputationRep:
    On a serious note, i don't have a friend who does what your friend does, but i do have a few friends that really do my head in. I reckon she will understand whats its like for you when she starts working. If it really bothers you maybe talk to her about it or talk to her less.

ReputationRep:
    No, but i have a friend that does my **** in

ReputationRep:
    yess i kinda do (Y)
    or should that be (N)

ReputationRep:
    Yes, to put it simply. We're 'friends' because some of her friends are my genuine friends and vice versa. She irritates me at the best of times and at the worst I find her vile... We're clearly not friends but we're forced to act like we are at social occasions that we both end up at. Our personalities have clashed really badly since year 7.

(Original post by Raindrop87)
    I feel like such a cow, but sometimes my friend irritates me so much. She has to know everything, and it doesnt help that we had different up bringings.
    I have had to work since i was 16 cos my family are skint but her family is very rich. So when I say that i'm tired from work and am not v chatty online, she won't stop talking and thinks i don't make enough effort.
    She has just found a job so i'm hoping that she will also be tired and less attention seeking.
    Yes i do:eek3: , she's on here so I HAVE to go anon, or she'll kill me ... totally understand your situation anon. She moaned about me not going out enough( but i'm not as care-free as she is!!!) and I have to watch the amount of money i spend cus my family's poor and i dont want to ask my dad for pocket money.

She's very rude -swears a lot, trying to be smart when she's not, likes to rub things in people face even tho they're Crap, thiks she's got a nice figure (seriously she doesnt!), thinks she's better than some people in other courses etc. Oh.....so much to ***** about her...but I'm still friends with her cus i'm bloody nice!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Quite a few of my 'friends' annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    my dog's "friend" does his head in...

like literally..

http://newmedia.funnyjunk.com/gifs/d...facehumped.gif

ReputationRep:
    no, anyone like that is an aquaintance.

don't speak to her, appear busy on msn or something, sounds like you just need abit of distance from her for a day or two.

A guy we know in uni is a religious funamentalist and is so judgmental.

One time he said that all of us were going to go to Hell...this was said on my birthday :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do, every person always has that one annoying friend :p:

If you're sitting there thinking you don't have one....you are that annoying friend :rolleyes:

Yeh I do - but people I know are on here, hence the anon!

I mean, I love her and all, but sometimes she does NOT know when to stop talking. Especially about herself.

And I know what you mean about feeling awful, cos she's so lovely and she is a really brilliant friend, but she just has her annoying tendancies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow drops)
    Yes, to put it simply. We're 'friends' because some of her friends are my genuine friends and vice versa. She irritates me at the best of times and at the worst I find her vile... We're clearly not friends but we're forced to act like we are at social occasions that we both end up at. Our personalities have clashed really badly since year 7.
    Ha thats how we started, then there was three of us left, the other friend moved away and its just me and her left, and we seem to tbe the only ones which keep in regular contact, even though she does my tits in at times. I must point out that she is a good friend under it all but the annoying traits unfortunately outweigh it all.

ReputationRep:
    Yesh, I know. I have that friend. Does my head in. Such a weird-o.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yes i do:eek3: , she's on here so I HAVE to go anon, or she'll kill me ... totally understand your situation anon. She moaned about me not going out enough( but i'm not as care-free as she is!!!) and I have to watch the amount of money i spend cus my family's poor and i dont want to ask my dad for pocket money.

She's very rude -swears a lot, trying to be smart when she's not, likes to rub things in people face even tho they're Crap, thiks she's got a nice figure (seriously she doesnt!), thinks she's better than some people in other courses etc. Oh.....so much to ***** about her...but I'm still friends with her cus i'm bloody nice!:rolleyes:
    My m8s likes to rub it in faces too! she just went on a cruise with her family, first class btw *rolling of eyes* and i just went away for a few days with the bf and she was really patronising, as we had to stay in a bargain hotel. As soon as she found out i was doing a mini holiday with the bf she insisted that she was going to go on one with her bf, prob in a plush hotel.
    My m8 also seems to think she dresses well, but until 3 years ago her mum and nan were buying her clothes for her, and her nan still buys her dresses...so you can imagine the styling. She'll take the most posey pictures too ><

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I had a friend that did my head in. They're not my friend anymore I got fed up of putting up with her crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazMaz)
    no, anyone like that is an aquaintance.

don't speak to her, appear busy on msn or something, sounds like you just need abit of distance from her for a day or two.
    oh appearing busy doesn't stop this one, she is relentless if she is in a chatty mood.
    if i don't speak to her for a few days she wil want a 'girly catchup' which could go on for hours, and makes me look like i don't make the effort, cos i am simply not as chatty as her. a fact she knows and has said to my face.
    i often wonder if she is so chatty to me because she came away from uni with v few friends and only has her family to talk to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindrop87)
    I feel like such a cow, but sometimes my friend irritates me so much. She has to know everything, and it doesn't help that we have different upbringing.
    I have had to work since i was 16 cos my family are skint but her family is very rich. So when I say that I'm tired from work and am not v chatty online, she won't stop talking and thinks i don't make enough effort.
    After reading the OP's post, I've got this really bad feeling that I'm someone's "annoying mate." I chat to him on MSN, but nowadays he seems to set his status to away the minute I come on...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.