Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you have a friend that does your head in? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i have a cartman-kyle type relationship with some of my friends. though if you really don't like her ditch her.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing like the people I've seen described in this thread - I just avoid people like that. I don't know how you guys can put up with them :no: Ditch 'em!

I don't mean to sound sexist here, but I get the feeling this is way more common with girls. I mean, come on, no one can deny that a lot of girls are notorious for whining and *****ing about their 'best friends' and are overly polite and in love with them in person.

ReputationRep:
    One. One who ******* does my head in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzramz)
    After reading the OP's post, I've got this really bad feeling that I'm someone's "annoying mate." I chat to him on MSN, but nowadays he seems to set his status to away the minute I come on...
    Oh god i'm so sorry, i don't change mine to anything i make sure it's constantly on away or something. i'm sure your friend is genuinely away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    One. One who ******* does my head in.
    It's always the one. Seriously all my other friends are fine. This one though...grr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindrop87)
    It's always the one. Seriously all my other friends are fine. This one though...grr
    Yeah, same. Literally, all my other friends are fine 90+% of the time but somehow, somehow, this one friend manages to piss me off without fail.

ReputationRep:
    I have.. wait.. about 7 of them.
    But i don't really count them as friends, they're more people i hang around with until i can be with my real friends. Sounds shallow, but seriously, they have issues.

Yes. She loves Miley ******* Cyrus, The Jonas Brothers, all that Disney ****. I'm scared she's turning into a Hannah Montana clone.

and she is 19

ReputationRep:
    Once you ignore them, their annoyance is belittled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yes. She loves Miley ******* Cyrus, The Jonas Brothers, all that Disney ****. I'm scared she's turning into a Hannah Montana clone.

and she is 19
    :rofl:

I truly feel for you. :console:

ReputationRep:

and she is 19
    I can try and beat you, but disney is the ultimate trump card in this battle.
    My m8 loves Doris Day, Mamma mia, and refers to her self as 'the diva'

ReputationRep:
    oh appearing busy doesn't stop this one, she is relentless if she is in a chatty mood.
    if i don't speak to her for a few days she wil want a 'girly catchup' which could go on for hours, and makes me look like i don't make the effort, cos i am simply not as chatty as her. a fact she knows and has said to my face.
    i often wonder if she is so chatty to me because she came away from uni with v few friends and only has her family to talk to.
    poor girl she's obviously very lonely then! i know someone like this and she loves it when she sees me because i'm the only person who will nod along and listen, guess you do the same. sounds like you're just going to have to put up with her!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, she basically used to call if she needed me for something, she needs the attention. And I was stupid enough to give it to her cause I needed friends myself =/
    Nowadays I'm at uni and she's still at home not doing a fat lot with her life. My parents moved away from our hometown so I just barely speak to her.
    Whilst I have been at uni though I've made the effort to go and see her, but not once in 2 years has she bothered to come and see me.
    Also, she is incredibly annoying in that she lies all the time and then forgets that she's done it.

I could go on and on- why do I even associate with this girl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noodles!)
    Yes, she basically used to call if she needed me for something, she needs the attention. And I was stupid enough to give it to her cause I needed friends myself =/
    Nowadays I'm at uni and she's still at home not doing a fat lot with her life. My parents moved away from our hometown so I just barely speak to her.
    Whilst I have been at uni though I've made the effort to go and see her, but not once in 2 years has she bothered to come and see me.
    Also, she is incredibly annoying in that she lies all the time and then forgets that she's done it.

I could go on and on- why do I even associate with this girl?
    I didn't visit my friend when she was in uni, which i do feel bad about. But I was also in education at the time, she lived 5 hour journey away and i didnt have a car/much money. I know they aren'the best reason to not visit your best friend, but it was hard. She has visited me now that i have started uni but she drove up in her mummys car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow drops)
    Yes, to put it simply. We're 'friends' because some of her friends are my genuine friends and vice versa. She irritates me at the best of times and at the worst I find her vile... We're clearly not friends but we're forced to act like we are at social occasions that we both end up at. Our personalities have clashed really badly since year 7.
    wow pretty much this.

my " friend " is currently digging and throwing insults at me because her boyfriend dumped her :/

ReputationRep:
    Haha . . . yes.

She repeats pointless things or huffs and puffs about something until you acknowledge it and ask her what the problem is. I know it doesn't sound like much but it does my head in. Other than that she's one of my best friends so I can't not like her

ReputationRep:

and she is 19
    :rofl:
    sounds like the friend from hell! :console:

ReputationRep:
    Oh god i'm so sorry, i don't change mine to anything i make sure it's constantly on away or something. I'm sure your friend is genuinely away
    I'd assume that too, but I'd suspect something after he done it like six or seven times. I'd just press the 'block' button if I was him...

ReputationRep:
    my friend came online earlier, i was away from the laptop, she had text me, msned me and used fb chat. i was like ggaahhh i was only away for like 5 mins to go to the loo. all she wanted to talk about was this boy that she has been messaging, the brother of someone she has shagged. this girl has a bf i would like to point out. she has no shame.

ReputationRep:
    I'm paranoid that I am the annoying friend.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.