Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you have a friend that does your head in? Watch

ReputationRep:
    If you don't have an annoying friend, it's probably you.

ReputationRep:
    Yupp, though my friends annoying for different reasons...
    She ALWAYS has someting wrong with her, always got a problem and it is always more important than whatever i have going on...she never shuts up for gods sake...She complains about her life several times a day...

Thank god for /block on msn...

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend kinda like this. But I reckon everyone should go through regular periods where you feel great dislike for a close friend. If your still friends after those periods just shows how tight you reallly are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yes. She loves Miley ******* Cyrus, The Jonas Brothers, all that Disney ****. I'm scared she's turning into a Hannah Montana clone.

and she is 19
    lol i think i know this person! Do they live in west london?

ReputationRep:
    All of the people I knew from secondary school did my head in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindrop87)
    I feel like such a cow, but sometimes my friend irritates me so much. She has to know everything, and it doesnt help that we had different up bringings.
    I have had to work since i was 16 cos my family are skint but her family is very rich. So when I say that i'm tired from work and am not v chatty online, she won't stop talking and thinks i don't make enough effort.
    She has just found a job so i'm hoping that she will also be tired and less attention seeking.
    Does anyone else have a friend like this?
    Omg, totally! She just irritates me to no end, I'm beginning to wonder why I even call her a friend, or why I haven't savagely murdered her yet.

I suggest that ya just move on from her. That's what I'm going to do. I mean really, is there any point in being friends if your just irritated with her all the time? Best nip it in the bud, or it will only end in tears.

Gewd luck.

(Original post by Raindrop87)
    I feel like such a cow, but sometimes my friend irritates me so much. She has to know everything, and it doesnt help that we had different up bringings.
    I have had to work since i was 16 cos my family are skint but her family is very rich. So when I say that i'm tired from work and am not v chatty online, she won't stop talking and thinks i don't make enough effort.
    She has just found a job so i'm hoping that she will also be tired and less attention seeking.
    Does anyone else have a friend like this?

I have a friend EXACTLY like this. Except she starts an arguement and gets pissed off when im too tired to go out as i have been working all day or whatever. I just find it hard to stand up for myself :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend EXACTLY like this. Except she starts an arguement and gets pissed off when im too tired to go out as i have been working all day or whatever. I just find it hard to stand up for myself :mad:
    Just tell her to STFU and go bother someone else =P
    Or block her =P I usually do that to people that are getting my nerves.

Let's just say that I'm in the Air Cadets and there was a group of 3 of us who all enrolled at the same time (same age) and we were good friends..but then she started having a thirst for power and quickly made her way up the ranks and consequently lost a lot of friends (including me).

I see her on a regular basis, lording it over everyone. And I think she's realised the error of her ways now as she's 'lonely at the top' and none of the cadets really talk to her anymore...which in my opinion, is her fault for stepping on everyone she could to get to the top!

ReputationRep:
    Let's just say that I'm in the Air Cadets and there was a group of 3 of us who all enrolled at the same time (same age) and we were good friends..but then she started having a thirst for power and quickly made her way up the ranks and consequently lost a lot of friends (including me).

I see her on a regular basis, lording it over everyone. And I think she's realised the error of her ways now as she's 'lonely at the top' and none of the cadets really talk to her anymore...which in my opinion, is her fault for stepping on everyone she could to get to the top!
    Theres a girl in work who has done exactly the same thing, she found out that one of us was being trained for supervisor and ased if she could be trained too, and managed to get the job. But now she has gone on a power trip and everyone hates her

ReputationRep:
    Some of my friends do my head in sometimes when they don't really make an effort to keep in touch. Thats probably the biggest thing that annoys me. Or when friends try and pressure me into something, but thankfully I've learnt how to say no =D

ReputationRep:
    My best mate annoys the **** out of the me - he can't eat nicely to save his life, he can't accept when he's wrong, he has no sense of personal space boundaries... But he's [one of] my best mate[strike] and so I have to put up with him. Plus, we both do theatre studies at school, so we're forced to work together lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looosey)
    I'm paranoid that I am the annoying friend.
    So am I. Which is why I am going to press block...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluffyLion)
    My best mate annoys the **** out of the me - he can't eat nicely to save his life, he can't accept when he's wrong, he has no sense of personal space boundaries... But he's [one of] my best mate[strike] and so I have to put up with him. Plus, we both do theatre studies at school, so we're forced to work together lol.
    If my best mate (I don't really have one) annoyed the **** out of me he wouldn't be my best mate. But I get what you mean, he's still your mate despite being annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzramz)
    If my best mate (I don't really have one) annoyed the **** out of me he wouldn't be my best mate. But I get what you mean, he's still your mate despite being annoying.
    The thing is, the things are so little, but so annoying, and no one understands - so I can't really disown him without getting **** from the rest of my friends. And I don't really want to either, cause it would make things very awkward, and I would lose a very good friend (minus those traits which annoy me).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluffyLion)
    The thing is, the things are so little, but so annoying, and no one understands - so I can't really disown him without getting **** from the rest of my friends. And I don't really want to either, cause it would make things very awkward, and I would lose a very good friend (minus those traits which annoy me).
    I didn't mean anything like that :woo:. Don't get me wrong. Being best mates I'm sure all the annoying traits are trivial. With me is the opposite. I think I'm pestering this mate who I'm not even close with, so I decided to press block for both our sakes.

ReputationRep:
    I wish there was a magic ball which would tell everyone what type of friend they are. On the other hand, maybe not, it could push me over the edge lol.

ReputationRep:
    yeh - shes in our group and buys exactly the same stuff as us + does the same stuff
    we were laughing about this boy who was obsessed with my friend - the next week she makes it up that the same thing happened to her
    two of us met this lad out one night, just got friendly u no, the next week she "meets this lad"
    its quite funny actually

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.