Turn on thread page Beta

average salary for graduates? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Officially it is around 23k but this is only includes actual graduate jobs and consist of 200 companies and working full time hours.

It therefore doesn't take into account the majority of graduates who will be on much lower wages and part time.

I think I've found a job now, pending extensive background check... but its very low, below 15k.

Just wondering what other graduates on here may be earning?

Definitely in my faculty of social sciences frmo the various reports my university has given out, the salaries seem to range from 10-20k, with business graduates generally 13-25k

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    wow that is ******* low
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    http://www.prospects.ac.uk/cms/ShowPage/Home_page/How_much_could_I_earn_/Salary_and_vacancy_FAQs__2_/How_do_graduate_and_non_graduate _salaries_compare_/p!edcfebX

£17,472 for 21-22 year olds with degrees.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on £14k.

ReputationRep:
    i hear medics get paid pretty well

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, medical people and engineers etc get a lot more, but a lot of graduates like myself.. pffffffff not the best degree, not the best uni.. these figures, and all the news articles fail to acknowledge that most grads will be on a low salary...

Official stats say there will be 40 000 grads this summer.. do u really think they will all be getting 20k?

ReputationRep:
    Although i haven't finished my degree, i'm about to start a job paying just under 20k (I'm in London though). I think it's mostly down to luck and perseverence when looking for jobs.

ReputationRep:
    30,300 this month after grading last summer, 28k starting.

ReputationRep:
    There's one of these threads at least once per week.

If you can find a true graduate job, you will likely earn low 20's. If you, like most, don't find a true graduate job, you could quite easily be working on 14k per year.

There are some graduates (Engineers etc) that seem to get about 30k after leaving uni, but these are the exception.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Socmyoligy)
    There's one of these threads at least once per week.

If you can find a true graduate job, you will likely earn low 20's. If you, like most, don't find a true graduate job, you could quite easily be working on 14k per year.

There are some graduates (Engineers etc) that seem to get about 30k after leaving uni, but these are the exception.
    What is a 'true graduate job'?

Plenty of fields only employ graduates but pay less than 20k.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    What is a 'true graduate job'?

Plenty of fields only employ graduates but pay less than 20k.
    Sorry, I was talking more about graduate schemes.

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting on about 25k, but I know people in the same line of work in other parts of the country starting on about 28k.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.