Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are people who are good at Maths socially retarded Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    Why would i take the piss? he's a legend. He's naturally born funny, says it how it is, completely destroys people who say stupid things and hates pathetic small talk.
    Not you specifically but some of the comments here are nasty.

The guy is clever though. I remember when they read out his a levels in assembly. When he was in year 11 (so 2 years early) the headmaster was like 8 a levels, all As, in maths, further maths, additional further maths, blah blah blah) And then the last one was at grade B and everyone started giggling. I don't know why the hell he bothered with 6th form tbh...

ReputationRep:
    at my school everyone would be going 'AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH like football hooligans and chanting dumbass and retard'

so many people cried on stage in assembley at our school.

I remember when a disabled kid won a certificate and everyone was telling him to walk down and collect it and to stop being shy, even though he was wheel chair bound. When the headteacher came in and they said all stand, people would be saying to the disabled kid 'stop being disrespectful and stand' then someone would shout really loudly 'he's got no legs' then everyone would be laughin their heads off.

ReputationRep:
    That was such a sweet ending!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Number6)
    That was such a sweet ending!!
    I'm glad you liked it poindexter.

ReputationRep:
    Those people who are social - are they mathematically retarded?

To me, to be someone who is ultra-logical but not social is on a par with those who are not logical but very social. Yet it is frequently seen as better to be the second kind of person and only better to be the first kind if you're lucky enough to be some famous Stephen Hawking type person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    I'm glad you liked it poindexter.

I meant "sweet" as in "touching that he found happiness".

ReputationRep:
    "gifted but not arrogant" my ass.

ReputationRep:
    i knew what you meant.

ReputationRep:
    What an absolute tit. It's not exclusively true, I know some mathematicians who are a good laugh, but yes a lot of maths-types are arrogant twerps.

ReputationRep:
    i would love to get the chinese guy high.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spex)
    Jos went to my school. He has some form of autism so don't take the piss.

He's at cambridge doing physics i think (because he already knows the stuff for a maths degree ). About to go into his 3rd year.

But as for the thread title - it tends to be yeah. Shame
    He went to Oxford

ReputationRep:
    That guy at the end of the first clip has a pretty hot girlfriend somehow.

Sacha Baron Cohen's cousin at the start of the second clip, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredscarecrow)
    He went to Oxford
    Did you know him too ? One thing i never got was that accent. Nobody in birmingham speaks like that

ReputationRep:
    Is it wrong that I find some of these guys attractive?

Probably........

Anyway, those videos were very entertaining and yeah Jos is one of a kind indeed..

ReputationRep:
    Also, did anyone notice that Daniel ( I think that's his name) is like a slightly better looking version of johnbergqvist on TSR?

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe I watched all that. It's quite interesting. I sympathise a bit with Jos. That Imdad (sp?) guy went to my brother's school.

ReputationRep:
    Poor guys. They need some social skills.

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    i want to take them shopping, give them a haircut and teach them how to wash their hair and keep their face clean

ReputationRep:
    "well I've been mixing to the degree that I want to mix" :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    O god!

based on that documentary,

I must be socially retarded.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.