Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are people who are good at Maths socially retarded Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord_Farquad)
    To be fair to them, the guy who asks the questions is ****.
    i watched it this morning, can't remember exactly what he said but it went something like this:

interviewer: congratulations
    jos or whatever his name was: i suppose

interviewer: well, that's great, congratulations.
    jos: yes you've already said that.

that kid was definitely the ****.

ReputationRep:
    6:15 on the second video "Congratulations !" .'Yeh you already said that' ......I would be raging.

ReputationRep:
    Just started watching the 2nd video and at 2.59 it's MR JACK!!! He's a supersound teacher at my school. Not that any of you would know or particularly care

I recognise all the people in there. The white kid closest to him is also a maths prodigy. When i took my STEP paper (even though he's like 2 years younger) to him he pretty much just glanced at it and started reeling off answers. From the brief conversations i've had with him he's not socially inept at all. Just a bit geeky.

ReputationRep:
    bump, it's a good watch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hathlan)
    xxx
    (Original post by Laus)
    xxx
    These two are very good at Maths but they aren't socially retarded. Although, Laus is good at English, not Maths; but it's the same thing, innit. They don't seem socially retarded. Melancholy is also amazing at everything and I hope to become like him some day because he's just the best thing since sliced bread and crumpets. Yum yum :nom:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethelred the Unready)
    These two are very good at Maths but they aren't socially retarded. Although, Laus is good at English, not Maths; but it's the same thing, innit. They don't seem socially retarded. Melancholy is also amazing at everything and I hope to become like him some day because he's just the best thing since sliced bread and crumpets. Yum yum :nom:
    Maths and English the same thing?
    Not as far as I know...

1 + 1 = 2 :proud:

:star:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I thought they were the same. Oh well. Laus can add.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen any of my "friends" in more than a month and I'm going through a pretty deep nervous depression. When I do go out, I always take a maths book and a pen/paper. (Although I often just work my magic on beer mats/menus.) I dress like a ****. If I'm not socially retarded, the Pope ain't Catholic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hathlan)
    I haven't seen any of my "friends" in more than a month and I'm going through a pretty deep nervous depression. When I do go out, I always take a maths book and a pen/paper. (Although I often just work my magic on beer mats/menus.) I dress like a ****. If I'm not socially retarded, the Pope ain't Catholic.
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    Beautiful Young Minds. :coma:

Saul doing Mr T speak is SO full of win. Also I fancy Jack Shotton. :coma:

ReputationRep:

I think it's a useful gif so I posted it for future reference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erdős)
    Confidence is a trait that should be displayed sparingly, even when deserved, the aforementioned documentary seems to contain people who are displaying confidence too much (although the aforementioned confidence is generally founded), this can cause the aforementioned people to be seen as poor people, however this is not necessarily a consequence of Mathematical ability.
    I agree; Jos is a fag.

One also should note that in the field of "humans" it is often incorrect to make a statement which refers to a large subset of the population, hence the original thread title is fairly purposeless.
    This is a most fabulous way of saying DON'T GENERALIZE, *****ES.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QED)
    :console:
    Don't touch me, I'm a mathematician.

I want to keep a 1m radius around me free of all "humans". I don't trust you not to try to remove my tin-foil hat.

ReputationRep:
    I'm reinforcing your hat with steel.

ReputationRep:
    "Yes, In fact I'm within the group of seven in the Trinity camp whose scores are publicly revealed to make everyone else feel more humiliated"

:rofl: what a ledgend

ReputationRep:
    BIG BUMP, because it's a great thread and the documentary is well worth a watch, for interest and hilarity.

ReputationRep:
    yes i would have to agree, i'm good at maths (i believe) and im socially retartded. good one op, :yy:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kflynn)
    yes i would have to agree, i'm good at maths (i believe) and im socially retartded. good one op, :yy:.
    If you read the thread you will see why I put the title.

ReputationRep:
    OMDZ....That is the GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKIES T THING IV EVER SEEN

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.