Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does Waxing Really Hurt? Alternative pube removal? watch

How much does having a bikini wax hurt? Is there anything that can stop the pain?

I'm sick of having hairy labia, and want to get rid of it. Usually, I use Veet, but it's not as effective as it used to be, and stings so I'm put off it.

How difficult is it to shave, and how much would it itch? I've done my regular bikini line and mons before and it itched like hell, I don't really want that on my labia.

So what would you recommend?

Oh, and I was considering getting a bikini trimmer. How short can these make your pubes? And wouldn't cutting them fairly short just make them as nasty as the stubble you get after shaving? Obviously it would avoid the itching, but wouldn't the remains be all rough and nasty?

ReputationRep:
    i recommend the trimmer, the roughness doesnt last that long, and theres no need to go completely bald down there cos thats just nasty

ReputationRep:
    A little is better than a lot.

ReputationRep:
    i think shaving is fine, i use a good razor - a venus one with 5 blades, lots of shower gel, and mosturiser afterwards. and exfoliate to stop it itching as much when it grows back. i can shave every other day at most, though its only smooth for the first day. i dont get on with hair removal creams, they sting + give me a rash!

ReputationRep:
    I think unless you're going to get a professional wax... it's not a good idea, doesn't always work well and can be very painful and still give you the rash. But then, my friend's mum was telling us she had it done professionally...and she bled so much she never went back again as it just didn't look nice. I was kinda shocked by her telling us. :-/

If you have sensitive skin, it's almost impossible to stop the rash... everyone is different and it seems more possible for some people than others. I'd recommend trimming the hair short with scissors and then using a depilitory (sorry cannot spell) cream, such as the veet one, then just use an old credit card or something similar to scrape in the opposite direction of hair growth. Leave the cream on a little longer than it says for smoother results. You can also use that on your labia as well as bikini line...so it's ok.

If your skin is sensitive, you'll still have problems...I've been searching for a solution for years, as ideally, I'd like to be TOTALLY smooth.. but it doesn't seem to work for me and having spoken to most of my friends, it doesn't work for them either sadly. So now I take as much off as possible without the rash and just trim the remaining short. It seems impossible to win completely!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.