Turn on thread page Beta

Will you ever want kids, yay or nay? watch

• View Poll Results: Any plans for kids/to settle down?
    I'm in a serious relationship and hope to settle down soon after Uni
    16.25%
    I'm in a serious relationship with no plans of settling down
    3.75%
    I want to stay free of responsibilites for as long as possible
    13.75%
    I'm in a serious relationship and hope to settle down in about 15/20 years time
    6.88%
    I want to settle down soon but am not in a relationship
    6.88%
    I want to settle down in the distant future but am not in a relationship
    46.88%
    I'm not sure to be honest
    5.63%

ReputationRep:
    Just curious how many of you are set on being young free and single for a long time, and how many of you have plans to settle down and start a family in the next 10 years or so. Poll and comment :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Really haven't thought about it tbh...too early.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, definitely. Need someone to continue my legacy.

ReputationRep:
    Right now, no way in hell can I imagine ever having children. But you never know, things can change :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I certainly would like a child or two in the future, but for right now I just want to be a teenager.

ReputationRep:
    In 10 years I'll be 28, so maybe. I go through stages of wanting kids, then not. But ultimately I'd like some little mini Amys running around

ReputationRep:
    4 kids
    want 2 boys and 2 girls lol
    i no we cant choose
    but thats what we want

ReputationRep:
    I want to settle down at some point, provided I meet the right person. Doubt I'll ever want kids though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I want kids...after I get a good job and a nice house :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    No way do I want children now... in the future yes, but I'm still young and want to enjoy BEING young for as long as possible. I can't believe the amount of people I know my age who are pregnant, it's ridiculous! I need to learn to look after myself nevermind a baby! I'd only have children when I've got a career/house etc., when I'm ready.

ReputationRep:
    Although I'm in a long term relationship, I'm definitely not thinking about children just yet. Hopefully when I'm like 25 or something though!

ReputationRep:
    You've just reminded me of a lovely quotation

"Ah! if in the name of pity the futile business of procreation was ever to be abolished, the time had surely come to do it."
    - J. K. Huysmans in 'A Rebours'

ReputationRep:
    I am 20, and I'm not having any kids in the following decade... give or take a year.

ReputationRep:
    Just now no because I cant have kids (medical problem) But if I could I would want alot lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katierattray)
    Just now no because I cant have kids (medical problem) But if I could I would want alot lol.
    I love the pic in your sig, where's it of?

And I'm sorry you have medical problems:console:, but maybe you could adopt or get some sort of treatment that might help? I also want a big family

ReputationRep:
    "I want to settle down soon but am not in a relationship"

ReputationRep:
    i definatly want kids, but i want to be able to support them financially.. so i'm sure it will be a good 10-15 years before it happens

ReputationRep:
    Just one, please.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like children and your reason changes when you're with someone for a long time

ReputationRep:
    I am not currently in a relationship, don't want to necessarily 'settle down' in the near future, unless I meet the right person for that, but I would like kids eventually.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.