Turn on thread page Beta

Will you ever want kids, yay or nay? watch

• View Poll Results: Any plans for kids/to settle down?
    I'm in a serious relationship and hope to settle down soon after Uni
    16.25%
    I'm in a serious relationship with no plans of settling down
    3.75%
    I want to stay free of responsibilites for as long as possible
    13.75%
    I'm in a serious relationship and hope to settle down in about 15/20 years time
    6.88%
    I want to settle down soon but am not in a relationship
    6.88%
    I want to settle down in the distant future but am not in a relationship
    46.88%
    I'm not sure to be honest
    5.63%

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to have kids (although i will lol) sometime in the future hopefully when im married

ReputationRep:
    How can you not want kids? Theyre awesome! :yes:
    Obv in like 15 years time, but still...

ReputationRep:
    i wanna have a lil boy and push him to fulfill those rugby dreams i couldnt because of my bad knee..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
    i wanna have a lil boy and push him to fulfill those rugby dreams i couldnt because of my bad knee..
    Only if he wants to, right?

ReputationRep:
    Not until i'm over 30. But as for the whole 'settling down' thing, like getting married and having a house together, it depends on factors like how soon i find the guy i want to be with forever, and whether or not we're both ready for that kind of commitment. But my plan is from now until i'm 30, i'm just going to live my life as it comes and have a damn good time while i'm at it.

ReputationRep:

neeeiiiggghhhh

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to have a family - and hopefully not leave it til I'm too old to truly enjoy it - but I'd want a good permanent job, to be financially stable and to have been married to a partner for a while first - so not any time in the near future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessAriadne)
    Only if he wants to, right?
    oh he has to..i'll say its tradition.... lol i'd laugh if he turns out gay tho..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cannyeinstein)
    How can you not want kids? Theyre awesome! :yes:
    Obv in like 15 years time, but still...
    Well first off there's the back pain, swollen ankles, mood swings, morning sickness, loss of bladder control..... then you've got several hours of agonising pain as it tries to force its way out of your body, possibly breaking bones, requiring your vajayjay to have an incision and random pooing as you push for dear life, all happening in the process. Next you have the crappy nappies, constant wailing and no sleep. Then the tantrums, "I want this"-ing, "It's not fair, you suck"-ing, rule breaking, you making sure they don't die of alcohol abuse/ get kidnapped/ making sure they're safe by wanting to know where they are and setting times to be home by, to the responce "That's not fair, you're so embarassing, you don't understand me". Not to mention the thousands upon thousands of pounds you have to spend to feed/ clothe/ house/ buy games consoles for/ buy holidays for, etc until they hit about 21.... then they don't want to see you again and put you in a care home......

Wonderous creatures

ReputationRep:
    I want at least 3. Maybe 4. I could change my mind after experiencing pregnancy and childbirth though! In 10 years' time I hope to be married with a couple of sprogs, but I'm not in a relationship now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becbec :))
    I'd love to have a family - and hopefully not leave it til I'm too old to truly enjoy it - but I'd want a good permanent job, to be financially stable and to have been married to a partner for a while first - so not any time in the near future
    That's such a wounderful thing to say - made me feel all warm inside, I bet you'll be the best damn mother ever :yes:

ReputationRep:

I hope you're joking. Pushy parent = messed up kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mustang Sally)
    I hope you're joking. Pushy parent = messed up kids.
    only if he wants to..

ReputationRep:
    oh he has to..i'll say its tradition.... lol i'd laugh if he turns out gay tho..
    same here - don't bring a new life in to the world to live your dreams through. How would you feel if that is how your parents saw you?

ReputationRep:
    I'd like kids by the time I'm 35 (if I'm in a serious relationship by then), and seeing as I'm 22 at the mo, within the next 10 years doesn't sound that ridiculous. Don't want to even think of settling down til I've at least finished with education though.

ReputationRep:
    That's such a wounderful thing to say - made me feel all warm inside, I bet you'll be the best damn mother ever :yes:
    Aww thank youu!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beckiemort)
    I certainly would like a child or two in the future, but for right now I just want to be a teenager.
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    Just one, please.
    Please, I implore you. Don't have an only child, believe me they will miss out on so much and feel so lonely so many times. It will shape who they are, but not in a positive way.

ReputationRep:
    same here - don't bring a new life in to the world to live your dreams through. How would you feel if that is how your parents saw you?
    jeez stop making me feel bad..

ReputationRep:
    ten years time..i'll be 28...2 girls and a boy...

ReputationRep:
    jeez stop making me feel bad..
    :erm: You do have a conscience! Joke:p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2009
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.