Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you have a relationship if.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Would you have a relationship with a person if you really liked another person more?

Eg. The person you really want already has a partner. There is someone else you also have feelings for, but not nearly as strong. Would you wait around for the person you really want to become available or would you have a relationship with the next best thing at the time, or just wait around for person C, or wait til u are over the first girl to go out with the one you originally liked less

Or for example, you and a partner break up, you still have feelings for them but find someone else you also like. Would you wait til you stopped having feelings fo the ex before getting in a relationship with the new person?

Is it fair to have a relationship with someone if you have more feelings for someone else?

ReputationRep:
    no :no:

If that other person was taken, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Yap.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is depressing :-( the answer should be no.

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    If I had no chance of getting with the person I liked more, then yes.

ReputationRep:
    No everytime.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how feasible the other relationship is. For example, I really like Michelle. She's funny, charming and attractive (I don't ask for more than that). On the other hand, I really like Taylor Swift. She is everything Michelle is as well as taller and ******* loaded.

Can't really say, "Sorry, Michelle. I'm waiting on Taylor to come around for dinner. GTFO, k?"

ReputationRep:
    probably yes but then again probably not:hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    No, why would anyone do that? :dontknow:

Unless the person I liked more is taken?

ReputationRep:
    As long as the other person wasn't the friend of the person I was dating.
    I'm not going to waste my time waiting for the person I liked to ask me out.

ReputationRep:
    Personally i wouldnt want to as i dont think it is fair on the other person, but then again i think it is situational so its hard to judge when your not in the position.

ReputationRep:
    LOL, well what if u have NO chance with the other person ?

ReputationRep:
    Well if they're already happily with someone/ married, or told me they are repulsed by me and never want to be with me, or are a famous celebrity I can never have, or a fictional person, I'd say it'd be perfectly reasonable to move on with my life :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    It depends. Why can't I have the other person? Why can't I have both? It's more fun that way anyway.

ReputationRep:
    yes because you will end up liking the other person more

ReputationRep:
    Here's the thing. I had this situation where I REALLY liked someone, but they didn't feel that way about me, so I moved on to someone who my feelings were less strong for.

In that instance, the anwser is yes without a doubt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahlou27)
    No, why would anyone do that? :dontknow:

Unless the person I liked more is taken?
    Because even if the person was already taken, some would say its not fair to be with someone if you have more feelings for someone else

ReputationRep:
    no

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.