Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.sgu.edu/som/doctor-medicine.html

"Students wishing to achieve the medical degree may enter the program during the Premedical Sciences as part of the 7-, 6- or 5-year program, or enter directly into the four-year program beginning with the first year of Medical Sciences, which is when most students from North America begin."

How the **** is this even possible?

ReputationRep:
    That's for people who have done 2 years pre-med or bachelors, its like the 4 year postgrad courses in the UK, which is the norm in North America. You can be a doctor in 3 years at McMaster university in Canada (runs through the summer).

ReputationRep:
    Its a postgraduate course...

ReputationRep:
    It's possible if your parents are bloody rich. Have you seen the fees at SGU?

ReputationRep:
    Or, if you are really rich, and moral-less, you could go to a third-world country and pay some corrupt official to register you there.

Dr. C.Rook at your service.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    They already gain a degree!

Its postgraduate.

ReputationRep:
    You can over here in reality it takes 7 years as that course is for people who already have a undergraduate degree and are aiming to do another.

So 3yrs undergraduate Bsc + 4yrs Postgraduate entry medicine = 7yrs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord_Farquad)
    http://www.sgu.edu/som/doctor-medicine.html

"Students wishing to achieve the medical degree may enter the program during the Premedical Sciences as part of the 7-, 6- or 5-year program, or enter directly into the four-year program beginning with the first year of Medical Sciences, which is when most students from North America begin."

How the **** is this even possible?
    That's my back up..

I got four med schools in mind and two international universities..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghanglish)
    It's possible if your parents are bloody rich. Have you seen the fees at SGU?
    Those fees are chump change compared to what I pay to go to Stanford. Try $50K+ a year.

ReputationRep:
    And I don't think that it requires an undergrad. I know someone who is at SGU straight after A levels and he will have his MD in 2013....he started in 2008.......The don't get an undergrad degree only some sort of BS PCGCE or something.

ReputationRep:
    Those fees are chump change compared to what I pay to go to Stanford. Try $50K+ a year.
    Meh...alright for some . How come you went to America and didn't stay in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghanglish)
    Meh...alright for some . How come you went to America and didn't stay in the UK?
    Top 5 world university,beach, nice weather, babes ........ Why would I choose Oxford over that?

ReputationRep:
    Top 5 world university,beach, nice weather, babes ........ Why would I choose Oxford over that?
    Lol...fair enough

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you can gain a medical degree from SGU, the question is, what are you going to do with it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Yes, you can gain a medical degree from SGU, the question is, what are you going to do with it?
    Apparently they have placement agreements with US and UK hospitals so erm........become a doctor?

ReputationRep:
    Apparently they have placement agreements with US and UK hospitals so erm........become a doctor?
    They can't just place their graduates in the UK. To work in the UK they will be PLABing - which is not easy, not cheap and most certainly not quick. More fool you for believing the sales pitch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    They can't just place their graduates in the UK. To work in the UK they will be PLABing - which is not easy, not cheap and most certainly not quick. More fool you for believing the sales pitch.
    erm.....I didn't believe the sales pitch that's why I posted here :rolleyes: , I believed the student who is working in the UK.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.