Turn on thread page Beta

I've been with my boyfriend for nearly a year now, and I think it's fizzling out already. I'm really quite upset cos its still a new relationship to me. He's very closed and negative and that never got to me before, but it's getting worse and worse! I don't know what to do about him really! I still love him!

But when he says things in a negative way, I point it out to him, and he just says that's how he talks. When I say we're fizzling out, he says its cos we're both busy! He doesn't know my friends or my family, despite inviting him out plenty of times, and I've invited him to mine plenty of times this week and he hasn't been able to get here (though he has a car, and him, his brother and his mum all drive), and previously has expected me to cycle to his and then home again in the morning (8:30am) because he "can't give me a lift home" (despite doing this for the first 8 months of our relationship).

I've told him that I don't feel like a priority at all, and that he can "take me or leave me" - i.e. really not bothered about me. What should I do? See if he changes? Or deny him a second chance?

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Maybe give it another chance, it seems a shame to throw away a relationship that may still have a future, do something spontanious out of the norm for the relationship a few times with the idea of trying to get the relayionship more interesting again. It may work it may not. At least you can then say that you did try. If it is still the same it may be time to talk to him again about where things are going and how you feel about it all.

ReputationRep:
    He wouldn't drive you home? Poor show.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're right, and should get rid of him and find someone who appreciates you. Sounds like he's playing the relationship how he wants, putting everything that happens on his terms. Dump him.

(Original post by Hayleyboop(:)
    I think you're right, and should get rid of him and find someone who appreciates you. Sounds like he's playing the relationship how he wants, putting everything that happens on his terms. Dump him.
    I agree completely with everything being on his terms, but to be honest, I think I let him get away with it for so long, he's become accustomed to it. I think instead of leaving him, I'm just gonna get a bit more determined to have it back on my terms!!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think hes losing interest. It seems that maybe your losing interest because his negativity has really started annoying you. That probably is just the way he is tbh. I do think he really likes you, but is just quite selfish and full of prid which is why he was just like 'take it or leave it'. If you are not happy with the way he is just dump him. Good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.