Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does the cervical cancer jab hurt?
    i'd like an honest opinion please )!!!!

not just a "don't look and you'll be fine" answer please; because i've had bare blood tests in my life so i'm not just one of those people who've had like 2 injections and decide they hate needles.

so.. does it feel like that tetanus/polio/diptheria injection you have? or more like the BCG? :|||!! or kinda in between?

CHEERS. :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    People around by me dont have BCG but my friend told me it wasnt painful as such, she has the normal dead arm and tenderness around the area for a day or two but she wasnt raving to me about how painful it was, so i wouldnt worry

ReputationRep:
    hmm, i bet it hurts :{{{!

ReputationRep:
    nope, had my final installment earlier today.

btw i usually faint at any injections, just felt light headed :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sequin12)
    nope, had my final installment earlier today.

btw i usually faint at any injections, just felt light headed :P
    omg there's more than one installment?! :|

ReputationRep:
    no its ok, it stings a tiny bit, then you might get a dead arm for about 2 days but nothing major

xxx

ReputationRep:
    yes, you get 3 injections, the first 2 are a month apart and the second six months later. its not that bad

ReputationRep:
    I didn't hurt as such.

It was like a tingling sensation down my arm the first time which didn't agree with me so I nearly passed out and had to lie down. However, this may have been becase I had my tetnus in the other arm straight after. It didn't hurt though.

The second one didn't hurt at all or make me feel dizzy.

The third I haven't had yet.

ReputationRep:
    ******* hell, give me cervical cancer anyday of the week. :yikes:

jokinggg btw :curious: ..just in case anybody thinks of jade goody's bald head and bursts into tears.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even feel it the first time. The last 2 were fine as well. Then again I don't have this big problem with injections

ReputationRep:
    feels most like the tetnus one (which i had to have at the same time)
    my arm felt like it had a bruise later that day but went away after a few hours

ReputationRep:
    Honesty, Some people it does, some it doesn't. Mine were terrible and I had a really bad reaction, but others were taking the piss because I was "such a baby, doesn't hurt at all"

ReputationRep:
    First one, no.
    Second one a teeeny bit for a couple of seconds.
    Third one has yet to come...this Tuesday I think...

ReputationRep:
    Theres a high chance that you'll feel sick after having the injections; all of my friends who have had it have said they felt nauseous afterwards. They've never mentioned any sort of pain though.

The BCG was awful, i thought it was over when they stuck the needle in and thought 'well that wasnt worth worrying about' and then they pressed it in.
    Ouuch.

ReputationRep:
    I've had 2/3 of the injections and not being a fan of needles myself I was worried- however they barely hurt at all its just a tiny little pricking feeling, and then a very dead/ slightly sore arm for a few days afterwards dont worry at all!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.