The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 1
To be honest, if they do, don't use it. Just use your mobile phone especially if you get free minutes and texts every month.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
WokSz
To be honest, if they do, don't use it. Just use your mobile phone especially if you get free minutes and texts every month.

Kk thanks x
I've been told that contract is best for students, if you can get a cheap enough one and budget for it. Personally I had PAYG and it never gave me any hassle, but then I also had Skype which I made most of my calls on.
Reply 4
If you must make calls use skype or get a contract mobile which gives you free minutes. The rates you pay on phones in rooms are usually sky high since it tends to be contracted out to private companies.
Reply 5
If you text a lot, get a contract that includes unlimited texts. I have that and I pay £20 a month with 600 minutes included.
Reply 6
There aren't phones in the rooms. There are payphones in several (I don't think all) halls, as well as in halls receptions. Probably some more dotted around that I haven't noticed.
Reply 7
they don't have phones in the rooms. i haven't seen payphones - get skype or a contract with a lot of minutes if you plan on using it a lot.
Reply 8
In my room there was a landline phone included, you have to set up an account but there really is no need if you have a mobile phone.
Reply 9
I've got a phone line socket in my room - never used it though!

Latest

Trending

Trending