Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How does this work?

Do they provide a phone?

Is it in each room?

Regular billing or no?

thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, if they do, don't use it. Just use your mobile phone especially if you get free minutes and texts every month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WokSz)
    To be honest, if they do, don't use it. Just use your mobile phone especially if you get free minutes and texts every month.

Kk thanks x

ReputationRep:
    I've been told that contract is best for students, if you can get a cheap enough one and budget for it. Personally I had PAYG and it never gave me any hassle, but then I also had Skype which I made most of my calls on.

ReputationRep:
    If you must make calls use skype or get a contract mobile which gives you free minutes. The rates you pay on phones in rooms are usually sky high since it tends to be contracted out to private companies.

ReputationRep:
    If you text a lot, get a contract that includes unlimited texts. I have that and I pay £20 a month with 600 minutes included.

ReputationRep:
    There aren't phones in the rooms. There are payphones in several (I don't think all) halls, as well as in halls receptions. Probably some more dotted around that I haven't noticed.

ReputationRep:
    they don't have phones in the rooms. i haven't seen payphones - get skype or a contract with a lot of minutes if you plan on using it a lot.

ReputationRep:
    In my room there was a landline phone included, you have to set up an account but there really is no need if you have a mobile phone.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a phone line socket in my room - never used it though!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.