Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long would it take for me to Learn AS biology course??? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *TheSweetestDrug*)
    yeah i think you can..i found that biology was more reciting and learning the text book by heart even if you didn't really understand it whereas chemistry is more understanding and applying it..so if you could do chemistry then it shouldn't be an issue..
    I understand what you mean, but this isn't necessarily the case

I'm more of a logical thinker and less of a 'memorizer' (i.e. my memory is terrible) so I found chemistry (and physics and maths) far easier than biology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moronic Acid)
    I understand what you mean, but this isn't necessarily the case

I'm more of a logical thinker and less of a 'memorizer' (i.e. my memory is terrible) so I found chemistry (and physics and maths) far easier than biology
    yeah i suppose it does depend on the type of learner you are but i just couldn't get why head around chemistry especially the maths element of it..it was simple maths but i didn't have the logic for it..but i sailed through biology..

ReputationRep:
    yeah i suppose it does depend on the type of learner you are but i just couldn't get why head around chemistry especially the maths element of it..it was simple maths but i didn't have the logic for it..but i sailed through biology..
    I'm much more of a mathematical thinker anyway, so when it came to biology I was pretty much screwed from the start (the whole concept of learning a textbook without having to properly applying the knowledge at any point doesn't really play to my strengths)

ReputationRep:
    I'm much more of a mathematical thinker anyway, so when it came to biology I was pretty much screwed from the start (the whole concept of learning a textbook without having to properly applying the knowledge at any point doesn't really play to my strengths)
    textbook learning..just how i like it..!i have a feeling i'l struggle at uni though..

ReputationRep:
    textbook learning..just how i like it..!i have a feeling i'l struggle at uni though..
    I've pretty much learnt everything from textbooks on my own for the last 2 years anyway (except for maths) - so i'd like to think i've 'eased' my way in to the uni style of learning already :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've pretty much learnt everything from textbooks on my own for the last 2 years anyway (except for maths) - so i'd like to think i've 'eased' my way in to the uni style of learning already :p:
    so textbook learning is a good thing for uni right..?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do any work at all for the whole first term of year 12 (something I regret a lot) but over the last week of the Christmas holidays I learnt the whole of AQA Module 1, but I was literally working from the moment I got up till I went to bed. I got an A and there's quite a lot of the summer holiday left, so I'd say if you work hard you can do it.

ReputationRep:
    so textbook learning is a good thing for uni right..?
    It certainly is for medicine - although the extent to which students are left to read textbooks by themselves obviously varies from course to course

ReputationRep:
    Anybody have any websites with material that can be printed out to work through for AS/A-lvl Biology? Like worksheets etc, the type of stuff you'd get in college.

ReputationRep:
    If you spend a month or two going and learning through the textbook, its not that hard.
    tbh for me Biology isn't that hard compared to chemistry, it has more content which is where people struggle but in terms of the content its not hard to grasp, and as long as you have a good memory, and spend time, i think its doable.

At my sixth form, my teachers are crap, well one's good but get distracted so easily, we spend most of the year not learning anything, but nearing exam times I basically teach myself which I actually find more useful and less distracting and I think i've done ok.

So yeah, you can do it!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.