Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Worried Student! watch

In ym first two years at college, I have taken two A2's (Maths and I.C.T) and one As (Economics).

Expected A/B for each subject.

Will be doing a third year now. Taking Economics A2 aswell as Further Maths As and A2 meaning I will leave college with four A-levels.

Now next year I am 100% focussing on college and aim to come out with AAAA or atleast AAAB

But my problem is if my results in August are bad, will I get conditional Unis at good universities? (Not Oxbridge, LSC) but all others...

PS the reason I haven't come out with three A-levels over two years is because of the amount of sports training I had. Until now, I aimed to be playing professional hence my subjects taking a backseat..

I am really worried that I come out of next year with AAAA but no conditional offers that I want!

No help??

Take a gap and reapply then...

(Original post by Macceroot)
    No help??
    obviously if your results are bad in August its going to harm your application later this year, the unis will doubt you will be able to meet their AAA offers if you get BB this year.
    Conversely if you do well you have an advantage if you got say AA as it shows you are most of the way to meeting their prospective offers already..

if they underestimate you for whatever reason an you feel the uni you have got into does not reflect your grades you take a gap year and reapply..
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    It depends on your results, and also whether the unis like the rest of your application.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.