Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    your future son or daughter said.." mum, dad i'm gay"!????

followingon from the 'do u wana have kids thread' i was wondering what would happen if your children openly said to you they were gay.. in my case, atm if i told my mum this, i'd be slapped multiple times, then stabbed, then sent to the african equivalent of azkaban..(sorry if there are any gay ppl on tsr thats how my family works) but if it were me i'd probably be like ok its your life, you have fun the way you want to but make sure he dont have aids..and dont have sex in my house..

ReputationRep:
    I honestly wouldn't mind in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be shocked at first. Then ask if he/she was certain that he/she was gay. Then I'd respect their sexuality.

ReputationRep:
    Drop kick him and say, and thats the bottom line because Boss Man Singh said so.

ReputationRep:
    id be cool with it, at least i could get rid of the wife for a few hours, id send them shopping =]

ReputationRep:
    Id be shocked at first, but id quickly get over it. If its sure what they want then they'd have my support and backing etc.

ReputationRep:
    You cant say how you'd definitely react in that situation, only how you like to think you'd act.

(Original post by fallen angel9)
    I honestly wouldn't mind in the slightest.
    +1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alphanumeric1927)
    If i had two kids and one of them was gay. Whatever make them happy. But i want grandkids.
    lool u sound like one of those mother-in-laws..

ReputationRep:
    Blink in surprise for a few seconds, shrug, inform them that it's a non-issue, and congratulate them on admitting it to themself?

What kind of decent parent wouldn't do that?

ReputationRep:
    My family works the same. I don't know what I would do to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't think I'd mind at all. As long as they were happy, then I'd be happy. What does it matter who they're happy with?

ReputationRep:
    Put them up for adoption, no other option tbh

ReputationRep:
    I would be delighted and get them to give me a makeover. Because all gay kids are like Gok Wan, right?

ReputationRep:
    I'd be worried because I don't imagine that being gay will be met with any less prejudice 10 years into the future. But I'd offer them all the support I could!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    +1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossManSingh)
    Drop kick him and say, and thats the bottom line because Boss Man Singh said so.
    Joke?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AirRaven)
    Blink in surprise for a few seconds, shrug, inform them that it's a non-issue, and congratulate them on admitting it to themself?

What kind of decent parent wouldn't do that?
    Well said. i think you've voiced the opinion of everyone on here. Remind me to rep you :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessAriadne)
    Well said. i think you've voiced the opinion of everyone on here. Remind me to rep you :yes:
    u not going to rep the OP for having the ingenuity and quick thinkingness of mind to create this thread to allow people to express ther views and for others like Airraven to voice the opinion of everyone on here..*puppy dog eyes*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
    u not going to rep the OP for having the ingenuity and quick thinkingness of mind to create this thread to allow people to express ther views and for others like Airraven to voice the opinion of everyone on here..*puppy dog eyes*
    Well, now you've pointed out this admirable young man's selfless deed ... oh, go on then! Remind me though! :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.