Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I don't normally post in here but I need some help hehe. I have my cousin's wedding tomorrow. I have bought a suit but I was wondering is the shirt meant to be slightly longer then the blazer at the arms? Also near the arms the suit says "pierre cardin" do I have to remove it-it's a bit of weird red fabric attached to the suit by 2 threads?

Thanks, I don't know much about fashion

ReputationRep:
    How much longer is the shirt sleave? shouldn't be much.

And yeah take of the tag on the wrist or wherever. I always think it looks weird when people leave them on

ReputationRep:
    no idea about the red fabric, and traditionally your meant to be able to see an inch or less of shirt cuff when you have the jacket on.

ReputationRep:
    Fine for the shirt to be slightly longer - means that sweat ends up on the shirt which is washable rather than the suit jacket which is not so washable.

You don't need to remove the tag, unless it's irritating - eg. on a tshirt it can itch the back of your neck. But basically, it doesn't matter. You must have been pretty clueless to ask about that, orrr, that was just a wind up.

ReputationRep:
    mkae sure the cuffs are not too long because they are double cuffed and you havent figured that out yet

ReputationRep:

sleeves are supposed to be a little longer. take the tag off if it bothers you. i second wind up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neo Con)
    Hi, I don't normally post in here but I need some help hehe. I have my cousin's wedding tomorrow. I have bought a suit but I was wondering is the shirt meant to be slightly longer then the blazer at the arms? Also near the arms the suit says "pierre cardin" do I have to remove it-it's a bit of weird red fabric attached to the suit by 2 threads?

Thanks, I don't know much about fashion
    The shirt sleeves should extend past your balzer jacket.

The tag on the sleeve should come off or you'll look like someone trying to show the world that he's bought and expensive suit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love2learn)
    Fine for the shirt to be slightly longer - means that sweat ends up on the shirt which is washable rather than the suit jacket which is not so washable.

You don't need to remove the tag, unless it's irritating - eg. on a tshirt it can itch the back of your neck. But basically, it doesn't matter. You must have been pretty clueless to ask about that, orrr, that was just a wind up.
    Lol no wind up I promise. I am clueless! Ok the shirt is about 2 inches longer than the jacket?

The problem is I dont know whether to remove this tag, is it meant to be removed? I wished I asked her now. Ill try findin a picture of it online-something similar

ReputationRep:
    Seriously why do people think this is a wind up? I've been on this forum for ages. I just wanted to know, I am not sure about these things. Don't wear a suit often. Ok i'll remove the tag. Thanks for those who replied minus the sarcasm.

ReputationRep:
    Do they sell suites in Virginia?

ReputationRep:

The tag is on the sleeve area of the suit.

http://www.alexmcleodltd.co.nz/Image...Cardin_800.jpg

There you go like near the arm. Mine is similar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bateman)
    Do they sell suites in Virginia?
    You're stalking me dude, why else would u be in this section?

Doesn't the religious police in Iran ban fashion?:yes:

ReputationRep:
    The tag is on the sleeve area of the suit.

http://www.alexmcleodltd.co.nz/Image...Cardin_800.jpg

There you go like near the arm. Mine is similar.
    I've never seen one like that before, but I'd definitely take it off.

2 inches longer is going to be a tad too much longer. About half an inch to an inch at a push is about acceptable. I'd suggesting folding the sleeve at the cuff under the jacket, and unfolding it when you take the jacket off.

ReputationRep:
    Assuming the sleeves of the shirt are too long you can buy cuffs to hold the sleeve up to position it correctly. you could try and replicate this, but honestly unless you're n the wedding party noone will be looking.

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen one like that before, but I'd definitely take it off.

2 inches longer is going to be a tad too much longer. About half an inch to an inch at a push is about acceptable. I'd suggesting folding the sleeve at the cuff under the jacket, and unfolding it when you take the jacket off.
    Yes thank you. I did take it off in the end. I've realised the sleeves on the suit are too short, I didn't know this when i bought it, but after sitting down and my elbow at right angles, it's indeed slightly short. But will get it swapped!

ReputationRep:
    Yes thank you. I did take it off in the end. I've realised the sleeves on the suit are too short, I didn't know this when i bought it, but after sitting down and my elbow at right angles, it's indeed slightly short. But will get it swapped!
    You might want to put the tag back on then, don't think they'll be too happy swapping something you've altered!

ReputationRep:
    You might want to put the tag back on then, don't think they'll be too happy swapping something you've altered!
    It's ok I stiched it back on, even with red thread. Rock on!

No but the annoying thing was, they go we can only swap it all, not just the blazer as apparently they both go together. But the thing is my trousers are a different size to my blazer, so I just wanted a different sized blazer, not a different make!

Meh she was really stupid, so I just got a refund. Will get a new one soon that fits properly :yes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.