Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else going to Abertay/ at it already? I'll be taking direct entry to Comp Games App Dev Yr 2.

Also, what sort of facilities does the place have for us roaring game geeks? I know you're all out there!

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I'm starting Law though

Do you know what's happening at Freshers by any chance? xxx

ReputationRep:
    Abertay is THE place for 'roaring game geeks' - There are now 3 'White Spaces' that are full of Dev Kits and other endless equipment. Got a few friends doing CGT, they all really enjoy it - I did the first 2 years of it then transferred to Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures, and I did enjoy what I did of it - just wasnt my thing

As for freshers.... I may know a few things going on..... working in the Student Centre has its benefits

latot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by latot)
    As for freshers.... I may know a few things going on..... working in the Student Centre has its benefits

latot

I'm wondering who you are now :P haha *ponders*

Anyhoo!

Freshers at Abertay was brilliant (from what I seen anyway). Just try and See everything and not be totally blitzed and miss half of it (like me!). Theres always plenty on even if its not freshers week too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_f_1990)
    I'm wondering who you are now :P haha *ponders*

Anyhoo!

Freshers at Abertay was brilliant (from what I seen anyway). Just try and See everything and not be totally blitzed and miss half of it (like me!). Theres always plenty on even if its not freshers week too.

Hehehe - I know who you are Laura - We've even spoken (and not just in the student centre)

Also, freshers last year was so ****!! Compared to the previous years anyway. But I know the President and VP of this year personally, and man do they have some awesome plans to make this year awesome!!! This year's freshers is gonna be awesome from what they've told me so far! (especially if you like dance music )

ReputationRep:
    Only if you're doing one of the computer-oriented courses - then obviously the people are going to be geeky lol... though in saying that, I'm in the Hacking Course and myself and about 3 others are just about the least geeky people you can find!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Oh man.... I just left Abertay doing CGAD. :rolleyes:

I don't know but year 1 was ****. I believe you get some PS2/Xbox dev kits in Year 2....
    Luckily I'm skipping year 1 entirely. The advantages of doing a compsci degree's first two years twice I guess...

What ARE the plans for Freshers'? TELL US DAMMIT. I'm a gamer, but I still want to get ********* and do the robot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hyperspacey)
    Luckily I'm skipping year 1 entirely. The advantages of doing a compsci degree's first two years twice I guess...

What ARE the plans for Freshers'? TELL US DAMMIT. I'm a gamer, but I still want to get ********* and do the robot.

I think we'll get along nicely then :cool:

I'm not sure if I can tell anyone what's on really.... if you REALLY want to know then drop me a PM, I'll give a few small clues

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by latot)

I'm not sure if I can tell anyone what's on really.... if you REALLY want to know then drop me a PM, I'll give a few small clues
    Any the same as last yr?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_f_1990)
    Any the same as last yr?
    From what I've heard so far: nope - and everything I have heard so far sounds damned amazing!!! One sounds potentially dangerous lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by latot)
    From what I've heard so far: nope - and everything I have heard so far sounds damned amazing!!! One sounds potentially dangerous lol
    I'm intrigued! :P
    May come in one day during the week. lol.

ReputationRep:
    Foam party on an ice rink?
    Less dangerous, more funny.... and not TOO far off lol

ReputationRep:
    Freshers Confirmed: Dave Pierce, Ministry of Sound & Seree from Big Brother.

From costa del Facebook

ReputationRep:
    Hehe - you should hear the other stuff

ReputationRep:
    He's a ****. The word starts and ends with a T.

That's why it's such a great idea to get him - people hate him so much they will want to hate him in person! lol:yes:

ReputationRep:
    He's a ****. The word starts and ends with a T.
    Well I have no idea who he is.... XD
    Don't watch Big Brother

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by latot)

Clues are for suckas, as Mr. T would say.

I'll probably treat Fresher's like a music festivals- wander around seeing random stuff, talking to randoms, and occasionally slip back to base camp to neck some booze on the cheap.

Why can't we get Wolverine from Big Bro in? He's the only one I recognise. After my first halls experience a show about a bunch of reprobates in a confined space making tits of themselves while shagging and wrecking the place lacks appeal.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers Vox.

ReputationRep:
    Hey. Got an unconditional to Abertay for Computer Games Tech. :laugh: Shall be starting in September, hopefully going to be in Courthouse Halls. Anyone have any idea if its good? seems to be but would like to have someone who lives there give me their opinion on it.

ReputationRep:
    A mate of mine stayed in Courthouse last year and it wasn't that great to begin with, but I think they got most of the issues sorted (it was privately managed and the university ended up getting involved IIRC).
    I think it's managed by the university this year, so it should be better, as Abertay's accommodation department seem to be quite good.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.