Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    try it again tomorrow, if you cant get in, contact the helpdesk, although they can be quite useless at times, unless you actually get the tech guy.

Oasis can be a bit tempramental

ReputationRep:
    ahhh my m8 pulled out of coming scotland and im determined to go out.

so i'll b going out on my own, 1st time for everything i spose lol

reckon its sad?

ReputationRep:
    Bump, i guess...

Out of interest, what did happen at freshers week, and whats likely to happen this year?

Starting Psychology in September would be nice to know if anyone knows anything about the lectures/how well the course it taught would be nice

ReputationRep:
    umm
    Orientation/Freshers week.

Class meeting, a group activity/field trip of some type to let you know your coursemates.

Freshers week, well headphone disco, hypnotist and other nights are planned. Its just a lot of fun to be honest

ReputationRep:
    That sounds amazingly awesome went to a headphone disco last year, it was great i didnt even join in it was just hilarious to watch people dancing when you cant hear the music!

another thing i forgot to say in my last post, i know in scotland college is done with at 17, so the joining age for uni is normally 17 (gap years aside) does this mean the student bar is quite strict on ID at these nights?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bionic-Pope)
    That sounds amazingly awesome went to a headphone disco last year, it was great i didnt even join in it was just hilarious to watch people dancing when you cant hear the music!

another thing i forgot to say in my last post, i know in scotland college is done with at 17, so the joining age for uni is normally 17 (gap years aside) does this mean the student bar is quite strict on ID at these nights?
    Well in Scotland it depends when you leave School. If you leave after 5th with good enough highers you will be 17, and in some cases 16. If you leave after 6th year (which is the norm) then you're either 18, or 17...

The Unions tend to be strict on ID most nights. You WILL get in the uni, but will probably be marked to say you're not allowed to drink.

ReputationRep:
    Wow I'm gonna feel really old when everyone else is 16/17, being English and taking a year out to work puts me a good few years ahead of everyone else :<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivan91)
    Wow I'm gonna feel really old when everyone else is 16/17, being English and taking a year out to work puts me a good few years ahead of everyone else :<
    You'll be fine! When I was at Abertay there were people aged 18 - around 40 and everyone got on like a house on fire!

ReputationRep:
    The Unions tend to be strict on ID most nights. You WILL get in the uni, but will probably be marked to say you're not allowed to drink.
    ah i was wondering what theyd do, having an alcohol free student bar would be insane so they have to be strict i guess... but i was 18 in march so i should be ok provided they accept my provisional

ReputationRep:
    ah i was wondering what theyd do, having an alcohol free student bar would be insane so they have to be strict i guess... but i was 18 in march so i should be ok provided they accept my provisional
    Did you go inside the student union when you were up in Dundee? It's pretty awesome and has a cinema on the top floor where they show movies a few days a week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivan91)
    Did you go inside the student union when you were up in Dundee? It's pretty awesome and has a cinema on the top floor where they show movies a few days a week
    I didnt, but that sounds awesome. i only saw the downstairs bit where they had the subject fair, which looked to me like some kind of nightclub room

ReputationRep:
    Downstairs!!

Best place ever! If you like Rock and Metal Music, go to Carbon!!!!
    Dont get a phone signal down there though.

ReputationRep:
    I didnt, but that sounds awesome. i only saw the downstairs bit where they had the subject fair, which looked to me like some kind of nightclub room
    It's like normal bar on the ground floor, first floor is a sports bar, next one up is just for chilling out and has loads of arty stuff, the cinema etc, and this outdoor bit with tables for drinking I think. Also I think there's a nightclub or something in the basement lol, didn't see that though. My interview date and time got so messed up that I ended up on a random solo tour of the area. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_f_1990)
    Downstairs!!

Best place ever! If you like Rock and Metal Music, go to Carbon!!!!
    Dont get a phone signal down there though.
    If your listening to rock/metal why you wouldnt be able to hear your phone anyway so no biggy! Im glad its a rock/metal place though instead of some awful pop/dance stuff

ReputationRep:
    If your listening to rock/metal why you wouldnt be able to hear your phone anyway so no biggy! Im glad its a rock/metal place though instead of some awful pop/dance stuff

Carbon is every second saturday night!
    Umm just saying, because even if you're at the seats you can't recieve texts etc since you're in the basement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_f_1990)
    Umm just saying, because even if you're at the seats you can't recieve texts etc since you're in the basement.
    im sorry that wasnt ment to sound that aggressive, i only meant that you wouldnt be able to hear if your on the phone, i knew where you were coming from, dont mind me im too sarcastic for my own good

ReputationRep:
    im sorry that wasnt ment to sound that aggressive, i only meant that you wouldnt be able to hear if your on the phone, i knew where you were coming from, dont mind me im too sarcastic for my own good
    Its ok. But sometimes you forget you dont get signal, plus there is normally other stuff going on down there too.... :P

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good, i cant wait september feels so far away!

ReputationRep:
    going to do social science in sept xD

ReputationRep:
    Going to Abertay for Comp Games App Dev this september if i get the grades they asked me. CC from aditional A-level subjects...:confused:
    Have no idea what that means but oh well....;;

I was wondering what kind of ID the bars accept in dundee. Do they accept anykind? Will student ID be enough?

Btw what do u think 'aditional subject' means?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.