Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I buy this handbag? Watch

• View Poll Results: Should I buy it for 300 euro?
    Yes!
    64.29%
    No!
    21.43%
    Not sure...
    14.29%

ReputationRep:
    I am sort of stuck as to whether or not to buy this bag...
    I fell in love with it a while back in the designer store next door to the one I work in but it cost about 700 euro and I earn only about 500 a month (part time job). I like to own nice things like this.

They are now having a sale! It is down to 300 euro...

I really want it, but everyone is telling me it's a stupid idea as it's far too much money for a bag. Especially my family, who aren't really into fashion and dressing up or styles.
    I agree that it's incredibly expensive for a bag, but it's lovely. I cannot decide whether to buy it or not. I really want to, but everyone is making me feel bad about it! I haven't been able to go on holiday this year, and it's my 21st soon so I want to treat myself...
    But I don't know if I should save the money instead...

Opinions?

ReputationRep:
    ...but nobody knows what the bag looks like.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't describe it as everyone has different ideas of what a 'nice' bag looks like depending on their taste.

It's shiny and very pink with a sort of buckle shape at the front, but it's not really a buckle? Hard to describe but the quality is amazing and it suits my taste very well.

I was really asking whether it is too expensive and a waste of money...

ReputationRep:
    think to yourself, do you really need it??

oh wait.... girls aren't good at answering that question are they...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone really 'need' a handbag? It's more a want...

if I had a bit more cash saved, I'd definitely buy it. I can afford it, but it's not like I am loaded at the moment.
    It's just so preeetty.

ReputationRep:
    what brand is it?
    do you have a picture of the bag?
    if I were you and I really liked the bag, I would buy it

ReputationRep:
    if you really like it then i'd say go for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibs137)
    think to yourself, do you really need it??

oh wait.... girls aren't good at answering that question are they...
    LOL at ^^^^^^

It's not our fault we're rubbish at answering that question! Lol
    No one ever really needs anything. Apart from like water, food shelter, oxygen etc.
    Everyone just wants. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    not that much at all, and a nice handbag can last a while if you really want it, get it.

ReputationRep:
    Buy it. The fact that you liked it when it was 700 Euros and now its less than half price, its a bargain!! It's not like you like it now because its cheap(er), you like it for what it is and not its better price, and at that price, I'm sure its fantastic quality, so get it!!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I wouldn't spend that much on a bag, but if you can afford it, get it.
    I would like to see a picture though!

ReputationRep:
    do it
    i would

ReputationRep:
    Handbags and Shoes..the two things you can never have enough of. I say get it if you love it

ReputationRep:
    Buy it. The worst thing to have is regrets.

ReputationRep:
    A girl can never have too many bags
    Buy it , it'll give you a momentary high...

ReputationRep:
    Go for it. You earned the money, you deserve it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.
    Think about how often you use it, then divide the cost by that and it will probably work out cheaper, per wear than a lot of stuff you buy.

This is how I justify extravagant purchases to my mum. If its a classic style, you'll be able to use it for years, so you'll definitely get your moneys worth.

ReputationRep:
    Naw you dont. its just another bag that will clutter your room and get dusty

ReputationRep:
    If you want something and can afford it, get it.

I don't think that it is really that expensive for a bag. I gift female friends bags which cost more and most of them carry expensive bags.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.