Turn on thread page Beta

COD4 Hacker's watch

ReputationRep:
    You have probably already seen it, but COD4 is no longer playable as hacker's have decided to invade the game.

I play on PS3 and all sort's was happening. I was being sniped from the clouds, underground you name it. Totally ruined the game.

Look on the youtube video's too as proof.

I hope they ban every PSN doing it, and I'm surprised they want this negative press just before MW2 comes out.

It happened cus they stopped moderating it due to the release of MW2 so soon. Ergh all this just before I hit 10th Pres...

ReputationRep:
    I was just about to go play it aswell...you put me off it

ReputationRep:
    Hasn't this been going on for a while? On Modern Warfare AND World at War?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigbhoy91)
    You have probably already seen it, but COD4 is no longer playable as hacker's have decided to invade the game.

I play on PS3 and all sort's was happening. I was being sniped from the clouds, underground you name it. Totally ruined the game.

I hope they ban every PSN doing it, and I'm surprised they want this negative press just before MW2 comes out.

It happened cus they stopped moderating it due to the release of MW2 so soon. Ergh all this just before I hit 10th Pres...
    Its gay nearly broke my controller 'cause it was pissing me off so much, decide to just quit it and get a few games of SOCOM. Only gun that actually manages to kill them while they're flying is a sniper (M40A3) or single shooter assault guns (i.e. G3).

But if everyone is doing it then you might aswell give up. Espicially if your trying play S&D and the little **** decides to fly the entire map and come on to your side within seconds of the match starting, happened to me on Bog.

ReputationRep:
    AFAIK multiplayer hacking on consoles is almost exclusively a PSN phenomenon. Xbox Live is very well policed to prevent it.

ReputationRep:
    zzirGrizz <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FyreFight)
    AFAIK multiplayer hacking on consoles is almost exclusively a PSN phenomenon. Xbox Live is very well policed to prevent it.
    Correct.

People criticise the fact you need to pay upwards of £30 a year to use Xbox Live, but the upside is that Microsoft can afford to have a reasonable stab at properly moderating and policing it.

ReputationRep:
    Pc gaming ftw <3

ReputationRep:
    *hugs computer*

News to me though, I never imagined hacks on a console before. Never experienced such on the 360

ReputationRep:
    Now the big question. Wait for the patch or copy the hackers, it looks pretty simple.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've seen happen too, it's pretty easy apparently, download a gamesave, change your clan tag and your away...you can get an amazing kill/death ratio while everyone else hates you...just permanently ban all of the people who do it and their IP address to make an example out of them, it shouldn't happen...

Plus can I just point out that hacks like this come round one a blue moon...they don't happen that often and so it doesn't make it that bad but either way they should be prevented...

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know they moderated it, how were they preventing this anyways?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeTSR)
    Pc gaming ftw <3
    This

ReputationRep:

Really? I havent noticed anything unusual.

It was pissing me off and the only way to play without getting mad was to do the hack.

Its been fun but even thats getting boring now and I get 4-5 messages a game asking how its done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewait)
    Its gay nearly broke my controller 'cause it was pissing me off so much, decide to just quit it and get a few games of SOCOM. Only gun that actually manages to kill them while they're flying is a sniper (M40A3) or single shooter assault guns (i.e. G3).

But if everyone is doing it then you might aswell give up. Espicially if your trying play S&D and the little **** decides to fly the entire map and come on to your side within seconds of the match starting, happened to me on Bog.
    I play quite a lot, but never see anyone flying.

I have seen "aimbots" from time to time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g_star_raw_1989)
    It was pissing me off and the only way to play without getting mad was to do the hack.

Its been fun but even thats getting boring now and I get 4-5 messages a game asking how its done.
    Out of interest, how is it done?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowball)
    zzirGrizz <3
    on my friend list

kthxbai

(Original post by james99)
    Out of interest, how is it done?
    Magic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FyreFight)
    Yeh, i dont think its as common on live. It happens a few times, but thats still a few times too many.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 7, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.