Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

COD4 Hacker's watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone tried it? I wanna do it just to try it but don't fancy getting banned or anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jobo3)
    Anyone tried it? I wanna do it just to try it but don't fancy getting banned or anything.
    A mate of mine did on another account, he said it was pretty easy...

Tho just to let you know, Infinity ward do know about this now...

Thanks for all the feedback from our COD4 PS3 users. We hear you loud and clear and are investigating the glitchers.
    So it could be that people start getting banned :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)

So it could be that people start getting banned :yes:
    Ah that's gay then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jobo3)
    Ah that's gay then.
    Why is it? Their ruining the game for everyone else...serves them right...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Why is it? Their ruining the game for everyone else...serves them right...
    It's an old game tbh, I know I never play it seriously at all now. Especially once MW2 comes out they should just let people do what they want.

Killzone 2's miiiiiiles better anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jobo3)
    It's an old game tbh, I know I never play it seriously at all now.
    Not really, it's still being played widely and probably will be up until the release of MW2.

(Original post by jobo3)
    Especially once MW2 comes out they should just let people do what they want.
    Why should they? People have no right to cheat online...period.

(Original post by jobo3)
    That's a matter of opinion...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JexvRBoa5M

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jobo3)
    It's an old game tbh, I know I never play it seriously at all now. Especially once MW2 comes out they should just let people do what they want.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard. WaW has been out almost a year and still CoD4 is very popular. That will not change upon the release of MW2. Not everyone is going straight out to buy MW2 at £55. MP on MW will still be very popular for people playing seriously for quite some time. If you want to hack/glitch, go and get some buddies together who don't want to play seriously rather than ruin it for everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleSko)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JexvRBoa5M
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I love the outrage.

I doubt a lot of people are doing it to cheat really. I know I'd only do it for a laugh to see what it's like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jobo3)
    I love the outrage.

I doubt a lot of people are doing it to cheat really. I know I'd only do it for a laugh to see what it's like.
    Seriously? I've been in games where people are getting 60 kills 1 death...its for those **** players who have no other way of getting a good K/D ratio....

ReputationRep:
    Heh not seen it on 360 for reasons others have mentioned, but it would amuse me to see flying and the like, well until it got annoying of course, then you just get everyone teaming up against the hacker, good old sense of vigilante get-together!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessmarisa)
    Heh not seen it on 360 for reasons others have mentioned, but it would amuse me to see flying and the like, well until it got annoying of course, then you just get everyone teaming up against the hacker, good old sense of vigilante get-together!
    You can't kill them
    If you could it wouldn't be so bad...

ReputationRep:
    Dude, all that happened is you walking into a game where a glitching clan were playing. Just leave the game and try again. No big deal. It certainly wasn't 'everyone'.

And its not hacking, its glitching. There's a difference. Hacking is what people like Afrokajun has done to alter his k/d ratio on the leaderboards.

ReputationRep:
    PC is much better for these things because each server is moderated byt he server owners so when you have played for a while you know which servers to play and which not to. much better than console cod where you cant select server or map

plus pc has regularly update PB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Varciani)
    Dude, all that happened is you walking into a game where a glitching clan were playing. Just leave the game and try again. No big deal. It certainly wasn't 'everyone'.

And its not hacking, its glitching. There's a difference. Hacking is what people like Afrokajun has done to alter his k/d ratio on the leaderboards.
    Every single game I have been in has had a hacker....it is a big deal because it's getting done so often its become the norm...
    I've had to end so many games cos these morons have come in and just started sitting in the HQ making it impossible to win. It's just not fun...

Hope IW sort this out pronto cos I haven't been on cod for a while now...

ReputationRep:
    Ugh it's getting seriously bad.. i was playing it today, and AT LEAST every other game i played had at least 1 hacker on.. I ended up being in a game with an opposing team of all hackers.. Totally p******* me off . I mean if you suck at the game that bad that you have to resort to hacking it to get any good.. whats the point playing it? It's just ruining it for the rest of us.
    Generally expect to receive some nice hatemail in your inbox ..

oh, by the way, get their names and report them on here http://np.us.playstation.com/complai...laintForm.aspx I've been resorting to using that ..

/rant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben77mc)
    on my friend list

kthxbai
    haha so..?
    i have TwistedKnifer
    now that is a cod4 legend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowball)
    haha so..?
    i have TwistedKnifer
    now that is a cod4 legend.
    but i don't know him xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee90)
    PC is much better for these things because each server is moderated byt he server owners so when you have played for a while you know which servers to play and which not to. much better than console cod where you cant select server or map

plus pc has regularly update PB
    You make it sound as if updates to PB mean anything. A quick google, and you can easily find places to find the latest public hacks.

Get a private hack and you're sorted, regardless of pb updates.

Play reasonably and realisticly (maintain something like a 3-4 K/D ratio) and nobody will ever question you. Also, providing that you don't do instant 180s and let people kill you on occasion.

But yeah, being able to choose maps and stuff is definitely a plus.

Anyway, I saw the UFO thing on Youtube earlier today. It looks funny as hell.

I don't see what banning will really do. Setting up a new account on PSN is free, no? Makes the whole point of banning kinda pointless since you have nothing to lose, you can just make a second account and you're set.

It'll get some stupid people who don't make second accounts and they'll come up with the excuse that they weren't cheating, but that's about it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 7, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.