Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi.
    Does anyone know weather a university can refuse to accept you because your DSA application has not been finalised by the time they start university.
    I application is still being processed and not sure now weather it's going to be back in time, but I have an firm condital place, the condition being that I recieve Disabled Students Allowence.
    I'm just worrying now as i'm not sure weather it's going to come back in time, it will be excepted when it does though as i'v had it before when I was at uni last time. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know, receiving DSA has no bearing on the application or acceptance process of university. The DSA is present only to support students who require such support, and is separate from anything the universities must do themselves under the DDA --- I do not see how they can legally set this as a requirement.

What university is this, if you don't mind me asking? It sounds to me like they are breaking the law by requiring this (though that I may well just be very mis-informed).

ReputationRep:
    From what you've said in your original post, I'm in agreement with TempusV. Your university cannot legally put getting DSA as a requirement to getting access to the course.

ReputationRep:
    Since SENDA and extension of the DDA they can't (speaking from bitter experience, as I was in the last year where they could make non-academic conditions).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for posting, I will have a word to them about this if my DSA havn't been approved by the end of August

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.