Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I'm likely to be joining a gym, but not quite sure what to wear as I've never been in one before :o:
    As regards for comfort and practicality, should I be looking for shorts, three quarter lengths or full length track bottoms? And a vest top or a tshirt? I also need a recommendation of some good trainers to wear on the treadmill :yes:
    So what do you wear at the gym? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I wear Nike full length tracksuit bottoms, they have an extra layer which allows your skin to breath, they're really nice. And then a tight vest top, so it doesnt move round too much xx

ReputationRep:
    I prefer vest tops. They are fairly fitted so don't jump about - whereas I find t-shirts do, and it's sooo offputting!

I like wearing shorts so that I don't get the bottom of trousers/three quarters flapping round my ankles while I'm jogging, I hate it.

I like little 'rounded' trainers which fit neatly and are light. Very comfy for jogging in

ReputationRep:
    i think for running trainers your supposed to go for a 'horseshoe type' where you see the shape of a horse shoe on the sole
    and i wear shorts and vest top but you should also get a sports bra if you need

ReputationRep:
    Would it be easier just to get a supportive vest top? Or should I invest in a sports bra too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaphrodite)
    Would it be easier just to get a supportive vest top? Or should I invest in a sports bra too?
    Yes, absolutely get a sports bra!

ReputationRep:
    No, just top is fine

ReputationRep:
    Proper sports bra, wicking t-shirt or vest top, comfortable shorts or capris, socks that don't give you blisters. Go to a running shop and get proper advice on what kind of shoes you need.

ReputationRep:
    ahm, I'm pretty sure you can wear anything you feel comfortable in to do your workouts... I know girls who wear basketball shorts, and I know girls who wear those tight things whatever they're called lol.

ReputationRep:
    I wear a full length tracksuit and a vest top.

You can wear whatever the only essentials are a good sports bra and traniners!! I wear shorts or tracksuit pants with giant tshirts obtained free from uni freshers weeks (I like running with 'Helper. Here to Help' written across my back, its quite funny)

ReputationRep:
    It's a gym, not a minefield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happydinosaur)
    You can wear whatever the only essentials are a good sports bra and traniners!! I wear shorts or tracksuit pants with giant tshirts obtained free from uni freshers weeks (I like running with 'Helper. Here to Help' written across my back, its quite funny)
    LOL :P what help can you offer?

As for the OP, anything for gym is suitable, course there is a dresscode, just doesnt have to be stylish. But majority of the people, especially women's like to dress well. i'm a guy, i can't complain. Just anyone with excessive make up at the gym...in my opinion, they should leave immediately.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.